The Longboat Key Town Commission ratified a three-year contract with its police department at its regular meeting tonight at Town Hall.
Also at its meeting, the commission:
Forwarded to its Monday, Nov. 1 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that transfers $208,815.49 to the beach capital projects fund, which will close a special revenue account that’s no longer needed.
• An ordinance that provides consistency for public hearings notices and advertisements that deal with land use matters.
• An ordinance that ensures the town’s elections schedule complies with new Legislature requirements.
• A resolution that allows the town to pay $46,725 in unanticipated Islandside public hearing expenses by using commission contingency funds.
• A resolution that adopts the current version of the Sarasota County Local Mitigation Strategy, which enables the town to be eligible for post disaster mitigation grant funds.
• A 2010-11 holiday schedule for town employees.
• Gerald Feder to its Firefighter Retirement System Board of Trustees
• Steve Schield to its General Employees Retirement System Board of Trustees
• Franklin Cona to its Police Officer Retirement System Board of Trustees
• Joe Moccia to the Sarasota County Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Committee.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
3 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
21 Taste of the Keys & Fashion Show
8 Sarasota Music Half Marathon
7:00 am - 6:00 am
Joan M. Durante Park installs new playground
The playground is made from post-consumer recycled materials.
Pete Cumming: Bell-ringer in chief
Longboat Key Police Chief Pete Cumming took on a shift that didn’t involve police work Tuesday, serving as Salvation Army bell-ringer at Longboat Key Publix.
Turtle T-shirts: Always in season
Need a gift for the turtle-lover in your life?