The Longboat Key Town Commission is expected to ratify a three-year contract with its police department at its regular meeting at 7 p.m. tonight at Town Hall.
Also at its meeting the commission will consider:
Forwarded to its Monday, Nov. 1 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that transfers $208,815.49 to the beach capital projects fund, which will close a special revenue account that’s no longer needed.
• An ordinance that provides consistency for public hearings notices and advertisements that deal with land use matters.
• An ordinance that ensures the town’s elections schedule complies with new Legislature requirements.
• A resolution that allows the town to pay $46,725 in unanticipated Islandside public hearing expenses by using commission contingency funds.
• A resolution that adopts the current version of the Sarasota County Local Mitigation Strategy, which enables the town to be eligible for post disaster mitigation grant funds.
• A 2010-11 holiday schedule for town employees.
• New members to its Firefighter Retirement System Board of Trustees, General Employees Retirement System Board of Trustees, Police Officer Retirement System Board of Trustees and the Sarasota County Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Committee.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
16 Pillar of Hope Open House
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
17 Taste of St. Armands
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Goliath grouper lives up to name
Talk about a real big fish.
Mazel tov to Klauber and Mancini
The West Coast Florida Region of AJC (American Jewish Committee) will honor Michael Klauber and Phil Mancini, of Michael’s On East, with its Civic Achievement Award in November.
Bob Havel celebrates 90 years with family members
Bob Havel recently celebrated his 90th birthday on Longboat Key with 24 members of his family.