Currently 6 Responses
- It is time the town increases taxes, so they can take care of their employees.
- Good for them. Not even a cost of living increase in 5 years for their hard work. Do you ever see trash strewn along Gulf of Mexico Drive? Do those roads, lights and sewers repair themselves? Have you ever been given shoddy service at city hall? No. We came to Longboat Key with the expectation of a superior quality of life. This commission has 'deconstructed' and gutted everything prior commissions have fought so hard to gain for our community. What a shameful lot.
- Congratulations to the LBK employees who want to choose a union to safeguard thier future. The residents of LBK should stand behind thier employees who keep us safe, make LBK very livable and who secure our property values.
- The town employees make our life safe, very livable and secure our property values. All of the comfortable people on LBK should stand behind our workers and stop trying to downgrade thier lives. Congrats to the employees on trying to secure thier future through unionizing.
- It is time for the Town to get tough and start protecting tax payers. The city employess and there positions should be eliminated from full time to part time. Use independent contractors, or temp agencies. The Keys administrative cost continue to grow with no increase in revenue generating enterprises to support the size of government services currently.
all events »
Mote-tagged shark swims toward Sarasota
A 14-foot, 2,300-pound great white shark is currently heading eastbound toward Sarasota.
Police get a wheel deal from anonymous citizen
An anonymous citizen recently contacted the town with an offer to buy the Longboat Key Police Department a new bicycle.
Surprise daytime turtle encounter
On his evening beach walk, Longboat Key resident Mike Haycock was in for a big surprise when he spotted a sea turtle coming out of the water Sunday.