The Longboat Key Town Commission put the Colony Beach & Tennis Resort Association on notice Monday night, giving it only a year extension to rebuild or renovate the resort with its current number of units and telling them they expect progress with stalled settlement negotiations.
Once Commissioner Lynn Larson got longtime Colony owner Dr. Murray “Murf” Klauber’s attorney, Charles Bartlett, to report that negotiations have stalled once again, commissioners reversed course on a final extension deadline of Dec. 31, 2015 and changed it to a Dec. 31, 2013 deadline.
“An open ended extension to get something done means nothing is going to happen,” Larson said. “Nothing ever happens unless we hold their feet to the fire.”
Also at its regular meeting, commissioners:
• Approved a fiscal year 2012-13 holiday schedule.
• Approved waterfront yard hedge height requirement changes on first reading and public hearing.
• Approved future land use amendments to two Key properties on second reading and public hearing.
• Approved water and wastewater increases on second reading and public hearing.
• Approved legislative priorities for the coming fiscal year.
• Made appointments on the Firefighters’ Retirement System Board of Trustees and Police Officers’ Retirement System Board of Trustees.
For more information, pick up a copy of Thursday’s Oct. 4 Longboat Observer.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 1 Response
- If this shortened time frme doesn't get the parties motivated, nothing will. The Commission has made a reasonable decision aimed at a win-win-win resolution. They are to be commended for their desire to see a positive resolution satisfying all parties.
22 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
23 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
23 Wine Tasting for Mote at Harry's on Longboat Key
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
26 St. Armands Fine Art Festival
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
A Cinderella story
A 10-week-old miniature pinscher puppy found a “happily ever after ending” at the Celebration of Pets April 12, at the Sarasota County Fairgrounds.
Pharmacy brings dose of medicine to Publix
The in-store pharmacy of Longboat Key Publix opened Monday, approximately 16 months after the completion of the new store at 525 Bay Isles Parkway, in the Shoppes of Bay Isles.
Golfer scores victory with less than a stroke
The Longboat Key Masters Golf Tournament, which took place March 28 through March 31, at the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Islandside and Harbourside golf courses came down to less than one stroke’s difference between first-place winner Kevin Preston and second-place winner Michael Russell, of Longboat Key.