The Longboat Key Town Commission will discuss the Colony Beach & Tennis Resort’s reopening extension again tonight at its 7 p.m. regular meeting at Town Hall.
Earlier in the day, commissioners will meet with the Sarasota County Commission to discuss tourist development tax allocations and the town’s library services.
The meeting, scheduled at 1 p.m. in the third floor Think Tank room of the Sarasota County Administration Center, will also include discussions on Bayfront Park and the redevelopments of the Longboat Key Club and Resort and the Colony Beach & Tennis Resort.
At its regular meeting back on the Key later in the day, commissioners are also set to:
• Approve a fiscal year 2012-13 holiday schedule.
• Discuss maximum hedge heights on first reading and public hearing.
• Approve future land use amendments to two Key properties on second reading and public hearing.
• Approve water and wastewater increases on second reading and public hearing.
• Discuss legislative priorities for the coming fiscal year.
• Make appointments on the Firefighters’ Retirement System Board of Trustees and Police Officers’ Retirement System Board of Trustees.
For more information on today’s meetings, check www.yourobserver.com and pick up a copy of Thursday’s Oct. 4 Longboat Observer.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
Paint the town red and green
This year, we won’t just be on the lookout for the most festive holiday lights on the Key. We’ll be on the prowl for anything that embodies the happiness of the holidays with our new “Spirit of the Season” contest.
Pettingell tradition is as sweet as pie
For the sixth consecutive year, Pettingell delivered pies from Yoder’s Restaurant in Sarasota to his customers at Thanksgiving.
Former Key Club manager takes on new role
Former Longboat Key Club & Resort General Manager Michael Welly has a new gig.