The Longboat Key Town Commission will discuss the Colony Beach & Tennis Resort’s reopening extension again tonight at its 7 p.m. regular meeting at Town Hall.
Earlier in the day, commissioners will meet with the Sarasota County Commission to discuss tourist development tax allocations and the town’s library services.
The meeting, scheduled at 1 p.m. in the third floor Think Tank room of the Sarasota County Administration Center, will also include discussions on Bayfront Park and the redevelopments of the Longboat Key Club and Resort and the Colony Beach & Tennis Resort.
At its regular meeting back on the Key later in the day, commissioners are also set to:
• Approve a fiscal year 2012-13 holiday schedule.
• Discuss maximum hedge heights on first reading and public hearing.
• Approve future land use amendments to two Key properties on second reading and public hearing.
• Approve water and wastewater increases on second reading and public hearing.
• Discuss legislative priorities for the coming fiscal year.
• Make appointments on the Firefighters’ Retirement System Board of Trustees and Police Officers’ Retirement System Board of Trustees.
For more information on today’s meetings, check www.yourobserver.com and pick up a copy of Thursday’s Oct. 4 Longboat Observer.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
19 Longboat Key Fine Art Festival
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
19 Mote's Party on the Pass
22 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
23 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
A Cinderella story
A 10-week-old miniature pinscher puppy found a “happily ever after ending” at the Celebration of Pets April 12, at the Sarasota County Fairgrounds.
Pharmacy brings dose of medicine to Publix
The in-store pharmacy of Longboat Key Publix opened Monday, approximately 16 months after the completion of the new store at 525 Bay Isles Parkway, in the Shoppes of Bay Isles.
Golfer scores victory with less than a stroke
The Longboat Key Masters Golf Tournament, which took place March 28 through March 31, at the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Islandside and Harbourside golf courses came down to less than one stroke’s difference between first-place winner Kevin Preston and second-place winner Michael Russell, of Longboat Key.