The Longboat Key Town Commission will discuss the Colony Beach & Tennis Resort’s reopening extension again tonight at its 7 p.m. regular meeting at Town Hall.
Earlier in the day, commissioners will meet with the Sarasota County Commission to discuss tourist development tax allocations and the town’s library services.
The meeting, scheduled at 1 p.m. in the third floor Think Tank room of the Sarasota County Administration Center, will also include discussions on Bayfront Park and the redevelopments of the Longboat Key Club and Resort and the Colony Beach & Tennis Resort.
At its regular meeting back on the Key later in the day, commissioners are also set to:
• Approve a fiscal year 2012-13 holiday schedule.
• Discuss maximum hedge heights on first reading and public hearing.
• Approve future land use amendments to two Key properties on second reading and public hearing.
• Approve water and wastewater increases on second reading and public hearing.
• Discuss legislative priorities for the coming fiscal year.
• Make appointments on the Firefighters’ Retirement System Board of Trustees and Police Officers’ Retirement System Board of Trustees.
For more information on today’s meetings, check www.yourobserver.com and pick up a copy of Thursday’s Oct. 4 Longboat Observer.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
1 Floridafitfest and 5K Treasure Run
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
8 World Oceans Day Family Festival
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Hat's off to Dee Pelton, volunteers
Dee Pelton held a luncheon that will be tough to top.
Youth sailors descend on City Island
Approximately 250 people hit the water Saturday, April 20 through Sunday, April 21, for Sailfest. The regatta, Sarasota Youth Sailing's biggest fundraiser of the year, included four classes of competition — Optimus, 420, Laser and Multi-hull — and a barbecue feast.
Book club sunsets for the season
The Sunset Beach Book Club, in its 10th year, ended this season with a luncheon and discussion of the book “Gone Girl,” by Gillian Flynn, April 18, at Lazy Lobster. Discussion moderator was Ricki Carroll. Together, the group read five books this season.