SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO —
This week we went in the kitchen with owner Ed Chiles and chef Will Manson of BeacHhouse for potato-encrusted grouper.
The BeacHhouse is located 200 Gulf Drive N. on Anna Maria Island. The restaurant features Florida-style dining right on the Gulf of Mexico and features dishes such as Gulf Coast crab cakes, stuffed tilapia and conch fritters. The BeachHouse also features Lola wine.
For more In the Kitchen videos, click here.
Scroll down for a instructional video on how to prepare the dish:
• 1 six-ounce grouper fillet
• 1 Idaho potato shredded
• 2 ounces matchstick-cut vegetables
• 2 ounces clarified butter
• 2 ounces dark rum
• 2 ounces fish stock
• 3 ounces orange marmalade
• 1 tablespoon horseradish
1. Blend 1 ounce vegetables with shredded potatoes.
2. Heat butter in saute pan.
3. Add vegetable/potato mix.
4. Place fish on top.
5. Cook on stove until edges are browned.
6. Flip fish and potatoes together.
7. Bake in oven at 350 degrees approximately 4 minutes until done or the fish is a golden brown
1. Saute remaining vegetables and add rum.
2. Reduce mixture to half.
3. Add stock and reduce by half.
4. Add marmalade and horseradish.
5. Top fish with vegetables and drizzle sauce over top.
Currently 0 Responses
22 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
23 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
23 Wine Tasting for Mote at Harry's on Longboat Key
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
26 St. Armands Fine Art Festival
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
A Cinderella story
A 10-week-old miniature pinscher puppy found a “happily ever after ending” at the Celebration of Pets April 12, at the Sarasota County Fairgrounds.
Pharmacy brings dose of medicine to Publix
The in-store pharmacy of Longboat Key Publix opened Monday, approximately 16 months after the completion of the new store at 525 Bay Isles Parkway, in the Shoppes of Bay Isles.
Golfer scores victory with less than a stroke
The Longboat Key Masters Golf Tournament, which took place March 28 through March 31, at the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Islandside and Harbourside golf courses came down to less than one stroke’s difference between first-place winner Kevin Preston and second-place winner Michael Russell, of Longboat Key.