SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO —
This week we went in the kitchen with owner Ed Chiles and chef Will Manson of BeacHhouse for potato-encrusted grouper.
The BeacHhouse is located 200 Gulf Drive N. on Anna Maria Island. The restaurant features Florida-style dining right on the Gulf of Mexico and features dishes such as Gulf Coast crab cakes, stuffed tilapia and conch fritters. The BeachHouse also features Lola wine.
For more In the Kitchen videos, click here.
Scroll down for a instructional video on how to prepare the dish:
• 1 six-ounce grouper fillet
• 1 Idaho potato shredded
• 2 ounces matchstick-cut vegetables
• 2 ounces clarified butter
• 2 ounces dark rum
• 2 ounces fish stock
• 3 ounces orange marmalade
• 1 tablespoon horseradish
1. Blend 1 ounce vegetables with shredded potatoes.
2. Heat butter in saute pan.
3. Add vegetable/potato mix.
4. Place fish on top.
5. Cook on stove until edges are browned.
6. Flip fish and potatoes together.
7. Bake in oven at 350 degrees approximately 4 minutes until done or the fish is a golden brown
1. Saute remaining vegetables and add rum.
2. Reduce mixture to half.
3. Add stock and reduce by half.
4. Add marmalade and horseradish.
5. Top fish with vegetables and drizzle sauce over top.
Currently 0 Responses
16 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
19 Longboat Key Fine Art Festival
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
19 Mote's Party on the Pass
22 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Resident receives U.S. citizenship
For one Longboat Key resident, facing the American flag and reciting the Pledge of Allegiance held special meaning at the Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key’s April 3 breakfast meeting.
Lacrosse players engineer spring break
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) lacrosse team members hit the beach on Longboat Key during their recent spring break.
Observer wins 20 Local Media Association awards
Local Media Association, made up of 2,000 newspapers in U.S. and Canada, announced the winners of its 2013 Editorial Contest Monday. The Observer Group won a total of 20 awards among eight of its newspapers, making it the third top company winner.