With the culmination of the Longboat Key Town Commission’s summer hiatus at the start of the month, the agenda for its first regular meeting of the season was announced today.
The regular meeting takes place at 7 p.m. Sept. 8, at Longboat Key Town Hall.
The meeting will begin with Longboat Key Marine Patrol officers John Majka and Shawn Nagel receiving the town’s Life Saving Award for their heroics in saving a drowning woman July 1.
The commission will then discuss the following consent items for consideration:
• The annual Town Commission district audit;
• The designation of R. David Jackson as an assistant town attorney;
• The Metropolitan Planning Organization;
• The Rotary Club of Longboat Key’s request to close Bay Isles Road for a Veterans Day parade.
The commission will also discuss ordinances about adopting millage rates and a budget for the fiscal year beginning Oct. 1.
Afterward, items of new business to be discussed are:
• Appointments to the town’s new retirement System Board of Trustees;
• A request from West Coast Inland Navigation District regarding expenses for the Longboat Pass flood shoal sand agreement;
• Proposed agenda items for a joint meeting between the Town Commission and the Sarasota County Commission regarding mobility fees.
Caleb Motsinger can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
25 Manatee Audubon -- Bird walk at Leffis Key
8:00 am - 2:00 pm
15 Arias In Flght
11:30 am - 2:30 pm
15 Being your best self
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
29 Santa Jaws at Mote Aquarium
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Only 9 days left to vote for your favorite 'It's Read Everywhere' photo!
Voting is now live for the Observer's 'It’s Read Everywhere' photo contest.
Happy birthday, Edith!
On Monday, long-time Sarasota resident Edith Barr Dunn blew out the candles for her 94th birthday.
Donte's Den names top dog
We’re sure the Walters family of Longboat Key thinks of its dog, Buck, as quite the golden boy.