Currently 3 Responses
- Alan Moore would bring a refreshing local businessman perspective to the commission. Who knows better how to reinvigorate commerce in our community than a longtime local business owner?
- According to the Manatee County Supervisor of Elections:
1) Prior to 2007 Alan Moore was a registered voter in Manatee County at his homesteaded address and voted in Manatee County (think about those kind people who check everything when you go to vote)
2) In 2007 Alan Moore changed both his address and voter registration to Pine Street on Longboat. (He did everything right)
3) It appears, under Florida law, that Alan Moore does not have to alter anything, since it is legal to own property and be homesteaded in one location and live and vote in another place - Just like Mr. Redgrave claimed. The difference being that Mr. Moore appears to be actually living on Longboat.
I decry news stories lacking any reference to the facts.
- Please run and bring some sound business judgement to a commission sadly out of touch with the business community and the state of LBK's economy.
8 Sarasota Music Half Marathon
7:00 am - 6:00 am
12 Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce Networking Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
14 New Exhibit "Oh Baby" Life Cycles of the Seas
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
17 Hospitabull Evening 'A Taste of Israel'
Gauls celebrate sweet 60
On Jan. 29, Jack and Joan Gaul will celebrate their 60th anniversary.
Dora Walters goes by the book for readers
You saw her byline countless times during her 26 years at the Longboat Observer, but now, retired Senior Editor Dora Walters’ byline appears on her new book, “Rewind…Playback: A Collection of Life’s ‘Little’ Memories.”
Encore opening celebration
Members of the Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce gathered for a ribbon-cutting event Jan. 20, at Amore by Andrea.