Currently 3 Responses
- Alan Moore would bring a refreshing local businessman perspective to the commission. Who knows better how to reinvigorate commerce in our community than a longtime local business owner?
- According to the Manatee County Supervisor of Elections:
1) Prior to 2007 Alan Moore was a registered voter in Manatee County at his homesteaded address and voted in Manatee County (think about those kind people who check everything when you go to vote)
2) In 2007 Alan Moore changed both his address and voter registration to Pine Street on Longboat. (He did everything right)
3) It appears, under Florida law, that Alan Moore does not have to alter anything, since it is legal to own property and be homesteaded in one location and live and vote in another place - Just like Mr. Redgrave claimed. The difference being that Mr. Moore appears to be actually living on Longboat.
I decry news stories lacking any reference to the facts.
- Please run and bring some sound business judgement to a commission sadly out of touch with the business community and the state of LBK's economy.
12 Dog Days of Summer Adoption Event
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
17 L'Europe UnCorked!
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Mote-tagged shark swims toward Sarasota
A 14-foot, 2,300-pound great white shark is currently heading eastbound toward Sarasota.
Police get a wheel deal from anonymous citizen
An anonymous citizen recently contacted the town with an offer to buy the Longboat Key Police Department a new bicycle.
Surprise daytime turtle encounter
On his evening beach walk, Longboat Key resident Mike Haycock was in for a big surprise when he spotted a sea turtle coming out of the water Sunday.