SCROLL DOWN FOR THIS WEEK’S VIDEO —
This week we went in the kitchen with Andrea Bozzolo, owner of Andrea’s, for a homemade ravioli dish. Bozzolo was born in Pallanza in Piedmont, Italy, and in 2003 moved to Sarasota after visiting the area on vacation.
Andrea’s is located at 2085 Siesta Drive and features local produce, wild-caught fish and homemade breads and pastas.
Click here for more “In the Kitchen” recipes.
Learn how to make homemade ravioli and watch an instructional video below:
• Ravioli is a classical Northern Italian stuffed pasta made with water, eggs, flour and a touch of oil. To make, the ingredients are blended with a hand mixer or electric mixer and rolled into a sheet of pasta with a pasta sheet maker.
• Once the pasta is made into a sheet, put stuffing — Andrea’s uses wild mushrooms sautéed with shallots, red wine and blended with egg yolk, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese — into a pastry bag.
• Squeeze about a walnut-size portion of the stuffing onto the pasta sheet and repeat until all the stuffing is gone.
• Cover with another sheet of pasta, and press very gently with your fingers to remove air. Cut the ravioli into squares with a pasta cutter.
• Boil ravioli for three minutes, adding a little salt to the water to prevent the ravioli from sticking.
• Serve with melted butter, sage and Parmesan.
Currently 0 Responses
Commission savors the sunshine
The weather on Longboat Key was cloudy on the evening of Wednesday, Dec. 11, but the Longboat Key Town Commission stayed in the sunshine, as far as the Longboat Observer could tell.
Resident keeps eye on the pie
Inspired by her mother’s homemade banana cream pie, Bird Key resident Kim Manning had a sweet idea: key lime with a twist.
Show us your spirit this season
This week, our reporters will make our final decisions on our favorite displays of holiday cheer for our “Spirit of the Season” contest. This year’s competition isn’t limited to lights.