YourObserver.com has been recognized by Local Media Association, formerly Suburban Newspapers of America, for its high standards in social media, multimedia and online local community news.
The Local Media Association has awarded the Observer Media Group with "Best Overall Local News" for non-daily newspapers with a total circulation under 100,000 in its 2012 Local Community Web Site Contest.
Among other awards, Observer Media Group also claimed:
• 1st place: Best Social Media Initiative
• 1st place: Best Local Community Initiative
• 1st place: Best Video Initiative
The class categories for the contest included:
• Dailies: With circulation over 40,000
• Dailies: With circulation under 40,000
• Non-dailies: With circulation over 100,000
• Non-dailies: With circulation under 100,000
Awards categories included:
• Best Local Community Web Site
• Best Site Architecture and Overall Design
• Best Social Media Initiative
• Best Employment Site/Vertical
• Best Local Community Initiative
• Best Advertising Initiative
• Best Use of Multimedia
• Best Overall Local News Site
• Best Site to Buy or Sell Merchandise
Local Media Association is a professional trade association serving the suburban and community newspaper industry. It's membership includes 2,000 newspapers in the United States and Canada.
Currently 1 Response
- Congratulations Observer Group. You most certainly deserve it.
Resident keeps eye on the pie
Inspired by her mother’s homemade banana cream pie, Bird Key resident Kim Manning had a sweet idea: key lime with a twist.
Show us your spirit this season
This week, our reporters will make our final decisions on our favorite displays of holiday cheer for our “Spirit of the Season” contest. This year’s competition isn’t limited to lights.
Paint the town red and green
This year, we won’t just be on the lookout for the most festive holiday lights on the Key. We’ll be on the prowl for anything that embodies the happiness of the holidays with our new “Spirit of the Season” contest.