YourObserver.com has been recognized by Local Media Association, formerly Suburban Newspapers of America, for its high standards in social media, multimedia and online local community news.
The Local Media Association has awarded the Observer Media Group with "Best Overall Local News" for non-daily newspapers with a total circulation under 100,000 in its 2012 Local Community Web Site Contest.
Among other awards, Observer Media Group also claimed:
• 1st place: Best Social Media Initiative
• 1st place: Best Local Community Initiative
• 1st place: Best Video Initiative
The class categories for the contest included:
• Dailies: With circulation over 40,000
• Dailies: With circulation under 40,000
• Non-dailies: With circulation over 100,000
• Non-dailies: With circulation under 100,000
Awards categories included:
• Best Local Community Web Site
• Best Site Architecture and Overall Design
• Best Social Media Initiative
• Best Employment Site/Vertical
• Best Local Community Initiative
• Best Advertising Initiative
• Best Use of Multimedia
• Best Overall Local News Site
• Best Site to Buy or Sell Merchandise
Local Media Association is a professional trade association serving the suburban and community newspaper industry. It's membership includes 2,000 newspapers in the United States and Canada.
Currently 1 Response
- Congratulations Observer Group. You most certainly deserve it.
1 Floridafitfest and 5K Treasure Run
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
8 World Oceans Day Family Festival
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Miller shares Longboat lore
David Miller gave the Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key a history lesson Thursday, May 16, when he shared his memories of early island life.
Kiwanians get club recognition
The Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key recently received "Distinguished Club" status from Kiwanis International for its efforts during the 2011-12 year.
Hat's off to Dee Pelton, volunteers
Dee Pelton held a luncheon that will be tough to top.