YourObserver.com has been recognized by Local Media Association, formerly Suburban Newspapers of America, for its high standards in social media, multimedia and online local community news.
The Local Media Association has awarded the Observer Media Group with "Best Overall Local News" for non-daily newspapers with a total circulation under 100,000 in its 2012 Local Community Web Site Contest.
Among other awards, Observer Media Group also claimed:
• 1st place: Best Social Media Initiative
• 1st place: Best Local Community Initiative
• 1st place: Best Video Initiative
The class categories for the contest included:
• Dailies: With circulation over 40,000
• Dailies: With circulation under 40,000
• Non-dailies: With circulation over 100,000
• Non-dailies: With circulation under 100,000
Awards categories included:
• Best Local Community Web Site
• Best Site Architecture and Overall Design
• Best Social Media Initiative
• Best Employment Site/Vertical
• Best Local Community Initiative
• Best Advertising Initiative
• Best Use of Multimedia
• Best Overall Local News Site
• Best Site to Buy or Sell Merchandise
Local Media Association is a professional trade association serving the suburban and community newspaper industry. It's membership includes 2,000 newspapers in the United States and Canada.
Currently 1 Response
- Congratulations Observer Group. You most certainly deserve it.
18 LBK Chamber Networking Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
20 National Drive Electric Week 2014 at Mote
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
25 Business After Hours Networking Event
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Aren't you barracuda?
Steven Herich, of Beach Fishing Adventures, recently caught a 30-pound, 52-inch barracuda.
Donation creates summer camp gift
A donation from St. Armands Key Lutheran Church’s senior ministry recently made it possible for 13 children to attend Dollar Dynasty’s educational summer camp.
Submit your weather photos!
If you capture a stunning sunset on your camera, submit it for our Weather Photo Contest.