The Longboat Key Town Commission will decide what kind of signs should be placed on the eight slots of its new wayfinding signs along Gulf of Mexico Drive at its regular meeting at 7 p.m. tonight.
The town also will establish a maximum millage rate so it can be included in the notice of property taxes mailed in August by each county.
Also at its regular workshop tonight at Town Hall, 501 Bay isles Road, the Longboat Key Town Commission will:
• An ordinance that will change all future regular workshops from 2 p.m. to 1 p.m.
• An ordinance that reduces town water-and-wastewater rates for the second year in a row.
• A resolution that allows the town to remain eligible for state grants for its beach-wide renourishment project.
• A resolution that allows the town to substitute a lift station rehabilitation project in the current fiscal year for a different lift station project that’s been deemed a higher priority by the Public Works Department.
• Passing a resolution that develops a mission statement prepared by the subcommittee established to review and examine town operations.
• Three town residents to its subcommittee established to review and examine town operations.
Consider making amendments:
• To agreements in place with the Longboat Key Club and Resort, which would allow guests of a proposed new hotel at Islandside to play golf on the Islandside golf course.
• A request by the Sarasota County Economic Development Committee, which is asking support for an initiative to provide an ad valorem tax exemption program for new businesses and expanding businesses within Sarasota County.
• The town’s local response plan for potential oil contamination from he Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
22 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
23 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
23 Wine Tasting for Mote at Harry's on Longboat Key
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
26 St. Armands Fine Art Festival
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
A Cinderella story
A 10-week-old miniature pinscher puppy found a “happily ever after ending” at the Celebration of Pets April 12, at the Sarasota County Fairgrounds.
Pharmacy brings dose of medicine to Publix
The in-store pharmacy of Longboat Key Publix opened Monday, approximately 16 months after the completion of the new store at 525 Bay Isles Parkway, in the Shoppes of Bay Isles.
Golfer scores victory with less than a stroke
The Longboat Key Masters Golf Tournament, which took place March 28 through March 31, at the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Islandside and Harbourside golf courses came down to less than one stroke’s difference between first-place winner Kevin Preston and second-place winner Michael Russell, of Longboat Key.