The Longboat Key Town Commission will decide what kind of signs should be placed on the eight slots of its new wayfinding signs along Gulf of Mexico Drive at its regular meeting at 7 p.m. tonight.
The town also will establish a maximum millage rate so it can be included in the notice of property taxes mailed in August by each county.
Also at its regular workshop tonight at Town Hall, 501 Bay isles Road, the Longboat Key Town Commission will:
• An ordinance that will change all future regular workshops from 2 p.m. to 1 p.m.
• An ordinance that reduces town water-and-wastewater rates for the second year in a row.
• A resolution that allows the town to remain eligible for state grants for its beach-wide renourishment project.
• A resolution that allows the town to substitute a lift station rehabilitation project in the current fiscal year for a different lift station project that’s been deemed a higher priority by the Public Works Department.
• Passing a resolution that develops a mission statement prepared by the subcommittee established to review and examine town operations.
• Three town residents to its subcommittee established to review and examine town operations.
Consider making amendments:
• To agreements in place with the Longboat Key Club and Resort, which would allow guests of a proposed new hotel at Islandside to play golf on the Islandside golf course.
• A request by the Sarasota County Economic Development Committee, which is asking support for an initiative to provide an ad valorem tax exemption program for new businesses and expanding businesses within Sarasota County.
• The town’s local response plan for potential oil contamination from he Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
11 Longboat Key Veterans Day Parade
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
15 Arias In Flght
11:30 am - 2:30 pm
15 Being your best self
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
29 Santa Jaws at Mote Aquarium
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Fall back an hour
Daylight Saving Time ends at 2 a.m. Nov. 2, so turn back those clocks before bedtime Saturday night.
Longboat Key keeps it clean
We’re still reeling from Longboat Key’s exclusion from Movoto’s “10 Sexiest Small Cities in America,” which named Sarasota and Bradenton the first and third sexiest small cities, respectively.
Joe Perry still rockin' in new book
Longboat Key’s most famous guitarist Joe Perry has a new book, “Rocks: My Life In and Out of Aerosmith.”