At its 7 p.m. Monday, July 6 regular meeting, the Town Commission will consider:
• Setting the town’s maximum millage rate of 1.6751 mills at Town Manager Bruce St. Denis’ suggestion. The maximum millage, or the rollback rate, is the maximum amount the millage would have to be raised on new property values to bring in the same amount of tax revenue compared to last year. The millage rate can be reduced in later budget hearings before a budget is adopted Monday, Sept. 28.
• Forwarding to second reading a $245,000 budget transfer to fund legal counsel and engineering review in the town’s fight against the proposed placement route of a natural-gas pipeline north of Anna Maria Island. The placement of the pipe affects white sand sources for future beach renourishments, according to the town’s beach engineer.
• Passing a resolution that allows town staff to make a budget transfer of $25,000 from commission contingency funds to hire a consultant to conduct a review of proposed roundabouts for the U.S. 41 corridor near the Sarasota bayfront.
• Passing a resolution for a $10,000 budget transfer from commission contingency funds to begin implementation of the Longboat Key Fire Rescue Volunteer Fire Department’s File of Life program.
• Authorizing approval of a submerged lands easement from the state, which is needed as part of the permitting process for the town’s emergency water interconnect for city of Sarasota water.
• Adopting early retirement incentive programs for town employees in order to reduce expenses in the 2009-10 fiscal year that begins Oct. 1.
• Passing a beach funding resolution to remain eligible for state grants regarding beach projects.
• Passing resolutions that complete the required documentation for approval of a bank qualified loan and a state revolving-fund loan application for town water-and-wastewater, capital-improvement projects.
• Approving Dr. Steven Newman’s medical director contract with the town of Longboat Key for another three years. The town uses Dr. Newman’s license to perform fire-rescue paramedic work.
For more information on the commission’s decisions at tonight’s meeting, visit www.YourObserver.com this evening for regular meeting updates and pick up a copy of the Thursday, July 9 Longboat Observer.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
16 Pillar of Hope Open House
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Goliath grouper lives up to name
Talk about a real big fish.
Mazel tov to Klauber and Mancini
The West Coast Florida Region of AJC (American Jewish Committee) will honor Michael Klauber and Phil Mancini, of Michael’s On East, with its Civic Achievement Award in November.
Bob Havel celebrates 90 years with family members
Bob Havel recently celebrated his 90th birthday on Longboat Key with 24 members of his family.