Longboat Key Fire Rescue clamped a gas line that was hit by a Comcast cable repairman Wednesday, July 1, at Island Court, 3400 Gulf of Mexico Drive.
Longboat Key Fire Rescue Lt. Pete Collandra said a family was evacuated from one building while the 2-inch gas leak was located and clamped in the rain around 2:30 p.m. near Comcast cable utilities.
Firefighters clamped the line and waited for the gas company, Teco Peoples Gas, to arrive before leaving the scene, Collandra said.
The family was placed in the fire truck to be kept out of the rain while the gas leak was located and the site was secured.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
16 Pillar of Hope Open House
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
17 Taste of St. Armands
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Goliath grouper lives up to name
Talk about a real big fish.
Mazel tov to Klauber and Mancini
The West Coast Florida Region of AJC (American Jewish Committee) will honor Michael Klauber and Phil Mancini, of Michael’s On East, with its Civic Achievement Award in November.
Bob Havel celebrates 90 years with family members
Bob Havel recently celebrated his 90th birthday on Longboat Key with 24 members of his family.