Longboat Key Fire Rescue clamped a gas line that was hit by a Comcast cable repairman Wednesday, July 1, at Island Court, 3400 Gulf of Mexico Drive.
Longboat Key Fire Rescue Lt. Pete Collandra said a family was evacuated from one building while the 2-inch gas leak was located and clamped in the rain around 2:30 p.m. near Comcast cable utilities.
Firefighters clamped the line and waited for the gas company, Teco Peoples Gas, to arrive before leaving the scene, Collandra said.
The family was placed in the fire truck to be kept out of the rain while the gas leak was located and the site was secured.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
Commission savors the sunshine
The weather on Longboat Key was cloudy on the evening of Wednesday, Dec. 11, but the Longboat Key Town Commission stayed in the sunshine, as far as the Longboat Observer could tell.
Resident keeps eye on the pie
Inspired by her mother’s homemade banana cream pie, Bird Key resident Kim Manning had a sweet idea: key lime with a twist.
Show us your spirit this season
This week, our reporters will make our final decisions on our favorite displays of holiday cheer for our “Spirit of the Season” contest. This year’s competition isn’t limited to lights.