Longboat Key Fire Rescue clamped a gas line that was hit by a Comcast cable repairman Wednesday, July 1, at Island Court, 3400 Gulf of Mexico Drive.
Longboat Key Fire Rescue Lt. Pete Collandra said a family was evacuated from one building while the 2-inch gas leak was located and clamped in the rain around 2:30 p.m. near Comcast cable utilities.
Firefighters clamped the line and waited for the gas company, Teco Peoples Gas, to arrive before leaving the scene, Collandra said.
The family was placed in the fire truck to be kept out of the rain while the gas leak was located and the site was secured.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
Mote-tagged shark swims toward Sarasota
A 14-foot, 2,300-pound great white shark is currently heading eastbound toward Sarasota.
Police get a wheel deal from anonymous citizen
An anonymous citizen recently contacted the town with an offer to buy the Longboat Key Police Department a new bicycle.
Surprise daytime turtle encounter
On his evening beach walk, Longboat Key resident Mike Haycock was in for a big surprise when he spotted a sea turtle coming out of the water Sunday.