Longboat Key Fire Rescue clamped a gas line that was hit by a Comcast cable repairman Wednesday, July 1, at Island Court, 3400 Gulf of Mexico Drive.
Longboat Key Fire Rescue Lt. Pete Collandra said a family was evacuated from one building while the 2-inch gas leak was located and clamped in the rain around 2:30 p.m. near Comcast cable utilities.
Firefighters clamped the line and waited for the gas company, Teco Peoples Gas, to arrive before leaving the scene, Collandra said.
The family was placed in the fire truck to be kept out of the rain while the gas leak was located and the site was secured.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
1 Floridafitfest and 5K Treasure Run
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
8 World Oceans Day Family Festival
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Miller shares Longboat lore
David Miller gave the Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key a history lesson Thursday, May 16, when he shared his memories of early island life.
Kiwanians get club recognition
The Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key recently received "Distinguished Club" status from Kiwanis International for its efforts during the 2011-12 year.
Hat's off to Dee Pelton, volunteers
Dee Pelton held a luncheon that will be tough to top.