Longboat Key Fire Rescue clamped a gas line that was hit by a Comcast cable repairman Wednesday, July 1, at Island Court, 3400 Gulf of Mexico Drive.
Longboat Key Fire Rescue Lt. Pete Collandra said a family was evacuated from one building while the 2-inch gas leak was located and clamped in the rain around 2:30 p.m. near Comcast cable utilities.
Firefighters clamped the line and waited for the gas company, Teco Peoples Gas, to arrive before leaving the scene, Collandra said.
The family was placed in the fire truck to be kept out of the rain while the gas leak was located and the site was secured.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Durante dog, owner well after raccoon run-in
Last week, we reported on a scuffle between a black dog and a group of raccoons that occurred at dusk near Joan Durante Park.
Golfer scores her first hole in one
Liz Lang scored her first hole in one July 8, on the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Harbourside White Course, while celebrating her friend, Jane Hunter’s birthday.
Tiny trio tours safety facilities
Commissioner Lynn Larson’s three grandchildren, Zander, 9, Zora, 8, and Zoe Ramsey, 5, got a close-up look at what Longboat Key police and firefighters do to keep residents safe earlier this month, during a tour of the police and north fire stations.