Owner: Sean Murphy
Address: 6600 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach
Hours: 5 to 10 p.m., daily
Known for: Upscale atmosphere and dining with the mission to “to provide you with one of the best dining experiences that you have ever had.”
Two-Rim Grilled Jumbo Shrimp
This popular grilled shrimp dish is served with citrus grits or Asian slaw — the flavours are a fusion of Atlantic Rim: Nova Scotia maple syrup, Gulf Coast Shrimp and Caribbean flavours, and Pacific Rim, the Hoisin. The finished product is colourful and delicious and can also be grilled in advance and served chilled.
Hoisin Barbecue Sauce
6 tbsp. hoisin sauce
2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp. Asian fish sauce
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. honey
1/3 cup shallots, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/8 tbsp. Chinese five spice
1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
1/3 cup sugar
• Stir together all ingredients (except the sugar) in a bowl. Cook sugar in a heavy saucepan over moderate heat until it begins to melt. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until sugar is melted into a deep, golden caramel.
• Carefully pour and stir the sugar into the hoisin mixture and then return the combined ingredients into the pan. Cook over moderate to low heat, stirring until caramel is dissolved and sauce is thickened, six to eight minutes. Cool to room temperature. (A quick and tasty substitution for the barbeque sauce is a 1:1 mixture of maple syrup and Newman's Own Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing freshened with a pinch of fresh garlic.)
Serves up to four people
30-40 large/jumbo shrimp, preferably from Key West
Hoisin barbecue sauce
• Preheat grill on high for ten minutes. Adjust heat to medium/high and turn one burner off.
• While grill is coming to temperature, brush shrimp with Asian barbecue sauce. Oil grill rack and grill shrimp two minutes each side or until grilling sauce starts to brown. Set shrimp on the edge of the grilling area until done through. Remove shrimp from grill and plate on top of Asian slaw or chunky garlic toast warmed on the grill. It is ‘extra great’ with a garnish of chimichurri sauce for extra flavor and color.
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
2 tbsp. lime juice
2 tbsp. Asian fish sauce
1 tbsp. cilantro, minced
1/2 tbsp. Sriracha chilli sauce
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 carrot, julienned
1/2 cup green papaya, julienned
1/2 jicama, julienned
1/2 green apple, julienned
• Combine the first six ingredients in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients into the bowl. Toss to coat and chill until ready to serve. Can be made up to six hours in advance.
15 sprigs curly-leaf parsley, finely chopped
4 sprigs of mint, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp granulated sugar
8 ounces blended oil [80% olive, 20% canola]
Salt and pepper to taste
• Place all the ingredients into a blender or small food processor and puree. Drizzle blended oil during the puree to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside for at least two hours to allow the flavors to marry.
Currently 0 Responses
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
16 Pillar of Hope Open House
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Goliath grouper lives up to name
Talk about a real big fish.
Mazel tov to Klauber and Mancini
The West Coast Florida Region of AJC (American Jewish Committee) will honor Michael Klauber and Phil Mancini, of Michael’s On East, with its Civic Achievement Award in November.
Bob Havel celebrates 90 years with family members
Bob Havel recently celebrated his 90th birthday on Longboat Key with 24 members of his family.