Owner: Sean Murphy
Address: 6600 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach
Hours: 5 to 10 p.m., daily
Known for: Upscale atmosphere and dining with the mission to “to provide you with one of the best dining experiences that you have ever had.”
Two-Rim Grilled Jumbo Shrimp
This popular grilled shrimp dish is served with citrus grits or Asian slaw — the flavours are a fusion of Atlantic Rim: Nova Scotia maple syrup, Gulf Coast Shrimp and Caribbean flavours, and Pacific Rim, the Hoisin. The finished product is colourful and delicious and can also be grilled in advance and served chilled.
Hoisin Barbecue Sauce
6 tbsp. hoisin sauce
2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp. Asian fish sauce
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. honey
1/3 cup shallots, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/8 tbsp. Chinese five spice
1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
1/3 cup sugar
• Stir together all ingredients (except the sugar) in a bowl. Cook sugar in a heavy saucepan over moderate heat until it begins to melt. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until sugar is melted into a deep, golden caramel.
• Carefully pour and stir the sugar into the hoisin mixture and then return the combined ingredients into the pan. Cook over moderate to low heat, stirring until caramel is dissolved and sauce is thickened, six to eight minutes. Cool to room temperature. (A quick and tasty substitution for the barbeque sauce is a 1:1 mixture of maple syrup and Newman's Own Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing freshened with a pinch of fresh garlic.)
Serves up to four people
30-40 large/jumbo shrimp, preferably from Key West
Hoisin barbecue sauce
• Preheat grill on high for ten minutes. Adjust heat to medium/high and turn one burner off.
• While grill is coming to temperature, brush shrimp with Asian barbecue sauce. Oil grill rack and grill shrimp two minutes each side or until grilling sauce starts to brown. Set shrimp on the edge of the grilling area until done through. Remove shrimp from grill and plate on top of Asian slaw or chunky garlic toast warmed on the grill. It is ‘extra great’ with a garnish of chimichurri sauce for extra flavor and color.
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
2 tbsp. lime juice
2 tbsp. Asian fish sauce
1 tbsp. cilantro, minced
1/2 tbsp. Sriracha chilli sauce
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 carrot, julienned
1/2 cup green papaya, julienned
1/2 jicama, julienned
1/2 green apple, julienned
• Combine the first six ingredients in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients into the bowl. Toss to coat and chill until ready to serve. Can be made up to six hours in advance.
15 sprigs curly-leaf parsley, finely chopped
4 sprigs of mint, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp granulated sugar
8 ounces blended oil [80% olive, 20% canola]
Salt and pepper to taste
• Place all the ingredients into a blender or small food processor and puree. Drizzle blended oil during the puree to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside for at least two hours to allow the flavors to marry.
Currently 0 Responses
19 Longboat Key Fine Art Festival
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
19 Mote's Party on the Pass
22 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
23 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
A Cinderella story
A 10-week-old miniature pinscher puppy found a “happily ever after ending” at the Celebration of Pets April 12, at the Sarasota County Fairgrounds.
Pharmacy brings dose of medicine to Publix
The in-store pharmacy of Longboat Key Publix opened Monday, approximately 16 months after the completion of the new store at 525 Bay Isles Parkway, in the Shoppes of Bay Isles.
Golfer scores victory with less than a stroke
The Longboat Key Masters Golf Tournament, which took place March 28 through March 31, at the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Islandside and Harbourside golf courses came down to less than one stroke’s difference between first-place winner Kevin Preston and second-place winner Michael Russell, of Longboat Key.