1. Jack Black has five children, and one continued his legacy in the restaurant business. His sister’s two children are running the final of the family established Old Hickory House establishments in Atlanta.
2. A U.S. Ambassador at the French Embassy used to fly Black’s ribs from Atlanta to Paris because he loved them so much.
3. Jack and Phyllis Black met at a restaurant and it was love at first site. Jack was meeting with a real-estate agent when he noticed Phyllis across the room. He asked the hostess to introduce them. The rest was history.
4. Jack Black has attended to the Daytona 500 for 56 years. He and his wife, Phyllis, just returned from the race at Talladega.
5. Black has a special ID card that gets him into every speedway in the nation.
Currently 0 Responses
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Durante dog, owner well after raccoon run-in
Last week, we reported on a scuffle between a black dog and a group of raccoons that occurred at dusk near Joan Durante Park.
Golfer scores her first hole in one
Liz Lang scored her first hole in one July 8, on the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Harbourside White Course, while celebrating her friend, Jane Hunter’s birthday.
Tiny trio tours safety facilities
Commissioner Lynn Larson’s three grandchildren, Zander, 9, Zora, 8, and Zoe Ramsey, 5, got a close-up look at what Longboat Key police and firefighters do to keep residents safe earlier this month, during a tour of the police and north fire stations.