At its Thursday, July 18 special meeting and regular workshop, the Longboat Key Town Commission:
• That town staff had uncovered $80,823 in budget cuts as a result of a budget study proposed by Key residents Lenny Landau and Phillip Younger. Town staff will continue to look for budget cuts before the recommended budget is presented Aug. 1.
• Less than 300 water users are not in compliance with the town’s backflow prevention ordinance, which requires backflow devices to be installed by July 1. The town will not assess fines or shut water off to those users for at least another month while town staff works with customers and visits the sites to see if water users are in compliance.
• A voluntary rebuild ordinance that allows non-conforming properties to voluntarily rebuild to their current density.
• An ordinance that allows for the distribution of 250 tourism units.
• An ordinance that modifies portions of the existing outline development plan and site plan processes to address the voluntary rebuild ordinance and update sections of the zoning code.
Forwarded to the Monday, July 6 regular meeting for formal action:
• A beach funding resolution that allows the town to remain eligible for state grants.
• A minor adjustment to the legal description of a submerged land easement from the state that’s needed for the emergency water interconnect with the city of Sarasota.
• A resolution that allows the town to apply for state revolving fund loans for the Mid-Key pump station rehabilitation and the potable water transmission main upsizing project.
• A resolution that allows the town to complete the required documentation for approval of a bank qualified loan for capital improvement projects to the town’s water and wastewater utility program.
• Bay Isles Road 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. July 4 for the Freedom Fest Parade.
• The medical director contract for Dr. Steven Newman for an additional three years.
Currently 0 Responses
8 Sarasota Music Half Marathon
7:00 am - 6:00 am
12 Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce Networking Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
14 New Exhibit "Oh Baby" Life Cycles of the Seas
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
17 Hospitabull Evening 'A Taste of Israel'
Gauls celebrate sweet 60
On Jan. 29, Jack and Joan Gaul will celebrate their 60th anniversary.
Dora Walters goes by the book for readers
You saw her byline countless times during her 26 years at the Longboat Observer, but now, retired Senior Editor Dora Walters’ byline appears on her new book, “Rewind…Playback: A Collection of Life’s ‘Little’ Memories.”
Encore opening celebration
Members of the Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce gathered for a ribbon-cutting event Jan. 20, at Amore by Andrea.