At its Thursday, July 18 special meeting and regular workshop, the Longboat Key Town Commission:
• That town staff had uncovered $80,823 in budget cuts as a result of a budget study proposed by Key residents Lenny Landau and Phillip Younger. Town staff will continue to look for budget cuts before the recommended budget is presented Aug. 1.
• Less than 300 water users are not in compliance with the town’s backflow prevention ordinance, which requires backflow devices to be installed by July 1. The town will not assess fines or shut water off to those users for at least another month while town staff works with customers and visits the sites to see if water users are in compliance.
• A voluntary rebuild ordinance that allows non-conforming properties to voluntarily rebuild to their current density.
• An ordinance that allows for the distribution of 250 tourism units.
• An ordinance that modifies portions of the existing outline development plan and site plan processes to address the voluntary rebuild ordinance and update sections of the zoning code.
Forwarded to the Monday, July 6 regular meeting for formal action:
• A beach funding resolution that allows the town to remain eligible for state grants.
• A minor adjustment to the legal description of a submerged land easement from the state that’s needed for the emergency water interconnect with the city of Sarasota.
• A resolution that allows the town to apply for state revolving fund loans for the Mid-Key pump station rehabilitation and the potable water transmission main upsizing project.
• A resolution that allows the town to complete the required documentation for approval of a bank qualified loan for capital improvement projects to the town’s water and wastewater utility program.
• Bay Isles Road 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. July 4 for the Freedom Fest Parade.
• The medical director contract for Dr. Steven Newman for an additional three years.
Currently 0 Responses
19 Business After Hours Networking Event
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
24 JFCS Golf Challenge
30 Run to Remember Sponsor and Team Captain Appreciation Night
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
25 Run to Remember
Good pick for Pick
St. Mary, Star of the Sea, Catholic Church Reverend Emeritus Edward Pick was born in 1935 and ordained to the priesthood in 1960.
Lovebirds: 75 years fly
Charles “Buzz” and Jane Walker celebrated their 75th wedding anniversary on Valentine’s Day with 40 family members and friends at Moore’s Stonecrab Restaurant.
Back in the running
We were skeptical last April when former Longboat Key resident John Wallace told us he had reached the finish line of his marathon career.