At its regular commission meeting Monday, June 7, the Longboat Key Town Commission:
Forwarded to the July 12 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that changes the start time for regular workshop meetings from 2 to 1 p.m.
• An ordinance that allows for a budget transfer of $800,000 from Phase II infrastructure surtax funds to the beach capital projects fund to obtain a beach project permit for the town’s north end.
• An ordinance that allows for a budget transfer of $1.5 million from the beach capital projects fund to the north end beach nourishment project account.
• A resolution that gives the town manager authority to expend funds and take emergency action this summer in case a quorum of the commission is not available in an emergency situation.
• The renewal of the Manatee County School Facilities Planning Interlocal Agreement.
• The town manager pre-authorization for expenditures for storm and/or environmental cleanup.
• Execution of a fleet maintenance agreement with Sarasota County for Longboat Key Fire Rescue Department vehicles.
• The July and August regular workshops and the August regular meeting.
• Leonard Garner and Susan Landau to the Code Enforcement Board.
• Laurin Goldner to the town’s Planning and Zoning Board.
Currently 0 Responses
Paint the town red and green
This year, we won’t just be on the lookout for the most festive holiday lights on the Key. We’ll be on the prowl for anything that embodies the happiness of the holidays with our new “Spirit of the Season” contest.
Pettingell tradition is as sweet as pie
For the sixth consecutive year, Pettingell delivered pies from Yoder’s Restaurant in Sarasota to his customers at Thanksgiving.
Former Key Club manager takes on new role
Former Longboat Key Club & Resort General Manager Michael Welly has a new gig.