At its regular commission meeting Monday, June 7, the Longboat Key Town Commission:
Forwarded to the July 12 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that changes the start time for regular workshop meetings from 2 to 1 p.m.
• An ordinance that allows for a budget transfer of $800,000 from Phase II infrastructure surtax funds to the beach capital projects fund to obtain a beach project permit for the town’s north end.
• An ordinance that allows for a budget transfer of $1.5 million from the beach capital projects fund to the north end beach nourishment project account.
• A resolution that gives the town manager authority to expend funds and take emergency action this summer in case a quorum of the commission is not available in an emergency situation.
• The renewal of the Manatee County School Facilities Planning Interlocal Agreement.
• The town manager pre-authorization for expenditures for storm and/or environmental cleanup.
• Execution of a fleet maintenance agreement with Sarasota County for Longboat Key Fire Rescue Department vehicles.
• The July and August regular workshops and the August regular meeting.
• Leonard Garner and Susan Landau to the Code Enforcement Board.
• Laurin Goldner to the town’s Planning and Zoning Board.
Currently 0 Responses
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tiny trio tours safety facilities
Commissioner Lynn Larson’s three grandchildren, Zander, 9, Zora, 8, and Zoe Ramsey, 5, got a close-up look at what Longboat Key police and firefighters do to keep residents safe earlier this month, during a tour of the police and north fire stations.
Mar Vista dollars to benefit local teen
Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant & Pub’s walls and ceiling are covered with dollar bills, signed and decorated by patrons. Every few years the restaurant removes the bills for a good cause.
'We Are The Marines'
That is how Maj. Brian Dix introduced “The Commandant’s Own” U.S. Marine Drum & Bugle Corps July 4, at Avery Fisher Hall.