At its regular commission meeting Monday, June 7, the Longboat Key Town Commission:
Forwarded to the July 12 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that changes the start time for regular workshop meetings from 2 to 1 p.m.
• An ordinance that allows for a budget transfer of $800,000 from Phase II infrastructure surtax funds to the beach capital projects fund to obtain a beach project permit for the town’s north end.
• An ordinance that allows for a budget transfer of $1.5 million from the beach capital projects fund to the north end beach nourishment project account.
• A resolution that gives the town manager authority to expend funds and take emergency action this summer in case a quorum of the commission is not available in an emergency situation.
• The renewal of the Manatee County School Facilities Planning Interlocal Agreement.
• The town manager pre-authorization for expenditures for storm and/or environmental cleanup.
• Execution of a fleet maintenance agreement with Sarasota County for Longboat Key Fire Rescue Department vehicles.
• The July and August regular workshops and the August regular meeting.
• Leonard Garner and Susan Landau to the Code Enforcement Board.
• Laurin Goldner to the town’s Planning and Zoning Board.
Currently 0 Responses
20 Santa Jaws at Mote Aquarium
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
3 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
21 Taste of the Keys & Fashion Show
Pete Cumming: Bell-ringer in chief
Longboat Key Police Chief Pete Cumming took on a shift that didn’t involve police work Tuesday, serving as Salvation Army bell-ringer at Longboat Key Publix.
Turtle T-shirts: Always in season
Need a gift for the turtle-lover in your life?
PHOTO GALLERY: Seaplace holiday party
Seaplace residents celebrated the holidays on Dec. 10.