At its regular commission meeting Monday, June 7, the Longboat Key Town Commission:
Forwarded to the July 12 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that changes the start time for regular workshop meetings from 2 to 1 p.m.
• An ordinance that allows for a budget transfer of $800,000 from Phase II infrastructure surtax funds to the beach capital projects fund to obtain a beach project permit for the town’s north end.
• An ordinance that allows for a budget transfer of $1.5 million from the beach capital projects fund to the north end beach nourishment project account.
• A resolution that gives the town manager authority to expend funds and take emergency action this summer in case a quorum of the commission is not available in an emergency situation.
• The renewal of the Manatee County School Facilities Planning Interlocal Agreement.
• The town manager pre-authorization for expenditures for storm and/or environmental cleanup.
• Execution of a fleet maintenance agreement with Sarasota County for Longboat Key Fire Rescue Department vehicles.
• The July and August regular workshops and the August regular meeting.
• Leonard Garner and Susan Landau to the Code Enforcement Board.
• Laurin Goldner to the town’s Planning and Zoning Board.
Currently 0 Responses
12 Dog Days of Summer Adoption Event
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
17 L'Europe UnCorked!
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Mote-tagged shark swims toward Sarasota
A 14-foot, 2,300-pound great white shark is currently heading eastbound toward Sarasota.
Police get a wheel deal from anonymous citizen
An anonymous citizen recently contacted the town with an offer to buy the Longboat Key Police Department a new bicycle.
Surprise daytime turtle encounter
On his evening beach walk, Longboat Key resident Mike Haycock was in for a big surprise when he spotted a sea turtle coming out of the water Sunday.