At its Monday, June 1 regular meeting, the Longboat Key Town Commission:
• A resolution that will allow the Town Commission to spend up to $200,000 in commission contingency funds on storm or red-tide cleanup in the event a quorum of the Town Commission is not available this summer.
• A resolution that allows for the cancellation of the July and August regular workshop meetings and the August regular meeting.
•Mayor Lee Rothenberg to sign a letter of support for Sarasota County Sheriff Tom Knight and Manatee County Commissioner Ron Getman. Both are requesting support for the distribution of grant-program funds for projects in Sarasota and Manatee counties.
Forwarded to its Monday, July 6 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An early retirement option for the town’s general employees, firefighters and police officers to reduce expenses.
• An ordinance that approves a utility-rate reduction that will be reflected on utility bills issued on or after July 1, 2009 for all water and wastewater users.
• A resolution that gives the town manager authority to use funds and take emergency action in the event a quorum of the Town Commission is not available during hurricane season.
• A resolution that provides for the adoption of an identity-theft prevention program.
• A resolution that allows for a budget transfer of $3,000 from the commission contingency fund to reimburse the Longbeach Village Association for peacock removal services.
• Adoption of a voluntary rebuild, distribution of 250 tourism units and amending sections of the town zoning code ordinances, until a special meeting at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, June 18.
• Thomas Murphy to Seat 3 of the Zoning Board of Adjustment, due to the appointment of Phineas Alpers to the Planning and Zoning Board.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
23 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
23 Wine Tasting for Mote at Harry's on Longboat Key
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
26 St. Armands Fine Art Festival
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
29 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
A Cinderella story
A 10-week-old miniature pinscher puppy found a “happily ever after ending” at the Celebration of Pets April 12, at the Sarasota County Fairgrounds.
Pharmacy brings dose of medicine to Publix
The in-store pharmacy of Longboat Key Publix opened Monday, approximately 16 months after the completion of the new store at 525 Bay Isles Parkway, in the Shoppes of Bay Isles.
Golfer scores victory with less than a stroke
The Longboat Key Masters Golf Tournament, which took place March 28 through March 31, at the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Islandside and Harbourside golf courses came down to less than one stroke’s difference between first-place winner Kevin Preston and second-place winner Michael Russell, of Longboat Key.