The Longboat Key Town Commission agreed to ratify a one-year Longboat Key Fire Rescue contract at its regular workshop May 26 at Town Hall.
The contract will officially be ratified at its regular meeting at 7 p.m., Monday, June 6.
The contract, however, will expire in September and both the town and the firefighters will begin negotiations on a three-year contract in mind-June.
Also at its regular workshop today at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission:
Forwarded to its Monday, June 6, regular meeting for first reading:
• An ordinance that modifies the town’s purchasing division to reflect the recent reorganization of the Finance Department because of the retirement of the purchasing manager.
Forwarded to its Monday, June 6, regular meeting for formal action:
• A proposed agreement to work together on the preservation of Sister Keys between the town and Sarasota Bay Watch.
• A proposed resolution that allows the town manager the authority to spend funds and take emergency action if a quorum of the commission is not available during hurricane season.
Forwarded to its Monday, July 11, regular meeting for first reading:
• An ordinance that amends the zoning code to allow the Longboat Key Zoning Board of Adjustment more jurisdiction over variance requests.
• To spend $4,200 to purchase iPads for the seven commissioners.
• To cancel the July and August regular workshop and the August regular meeting, which is allowed under the town’s charter.
• To review the Bayfront Park concept plan at future special commission meetings to receive input from the public.
• Presentations of the Town Clerk, Finance and Management Information Systems Departments.
• A list of goals and objectives submitted to the commission by a subcommittee.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
22 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
23 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
23 Wine Tasting for Mote at Harry's on Longboat Key
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
26 St. Armands Fine Art Festival
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
A Cinderella story
A 10-week-old miniature pinscher puppy found a “happily ever after ending” at the Celebration of Pets April 12, at the Sarasota County Fairgrounds.
Pharmacy brings dose of medicine to Publix
The in-store pharmacy of Longboat Key Publix opened Monday, approximately 16 months after the completion of the new store at 525 Bay Isles Parkway, in the Shoppes of Bay Isles.
Golfer scores victory with less than a stroke
The Longboat Key Masters Golf Tournament, which took place March 28 through March 31, at the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Islandside and Harbourside golf courses came down to less than one stroke’s difference between first-place winner Kevin Preston and second-place winner Michael Russell, of Longboat Key.