The Longboat Key Town Commission agreed to ratify a one-year Longboat Key Fire Rescue contract at its regular workshop May 26 at Town Hall.
The contract will officially be ratified at its regular meeting at 7 p.m., Monday, June 6.
The contract, however, will expire in September and both the town and the firefighters will begin negotiations on a three-year contract in mind-June.
Also at its regular workshop today at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission:
Forwarded to its Monday, June 6, regular meeting for first reading:
• An ordinance that modifies the town’s purchasing division to reflect the recent reorganization of the Finance Department because of the retirement of the purchasing manager.
Forwarded to its Monday, June 6, regular meeting for formal action:
• A proposed agreement to work together on the preservation of Sister Keys between the town and Sarasota Bay Watch.
• A proposed resolution that allows the town manager the authority to spend funds and take emergency action if a quorum of the commission is not available during hurricane season.
Forwarded to its Monday, July 11, regular meeting for first reading:
• An ordinance that amends the zoning code to allow the Longboat Key Zoning Board of Adjustment more jurisdiction over variance requests.
• To spend $4,200 to purchase iPads for the seven commissioners.
• To cancel the July and August regular workshop and the August regular meeting, which is allowed under the town’s charter.
• To review the Bayfront Park concept plan at future special commission meetings to receive input from the public.
• Presentations of the Town Clerk, Finance and Management Information Systems Departments.
• A list of goals and objectives submitted to the commission by a subcommittee.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
18 LBK Chamber Networking Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
20 National Drive Electric Week 2014 at Mote
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
25 Business After Hours Networking Event
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Mar Vista begins dock construction
Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant & Pub is on track to have a new dock by the end of October.
Aren't you barracuda?
Steven Herich, of Beach Fishing Adventures, recently caught a 30-pound, 52-inch barracuda.
Donation creates summer camp gift
A donation from St. Armands Key Lutheran Church’s senior ministry recently made it possible for 13 children to attend Dollar Dynasty’s educational summer camp.