The Longboat Key Town Commission has enough erosion issues to deal with on the north end of the island.
But a proposal to move the Longboat Pass channel closer to the north end of the island might make the erosion problems even worse.
At its 7 p.m. Monday, May 3, regular meeting, the Town Commission will discuss a proposed relocation of the Longboat Pass channel being proposed by the West Coast Inland Navigation District later this month.
The commission also will consider appointing existing or new board members to three-year terms on the Planning and Zoning Board, Zoning Board of Adjustment, Code Enforcement Board, Police Officers’ Retirement System Board of Trustees and the Citizen Tax Oversight Committee.
Both planning board chairman B.J. Webb and planning board members George Symanski Jr. and Morton Siegler are seeking new terms on the nine-member board.
Also at its meeting this evening at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission will consider:
• An ordinance that establishes no parking near the Linley Street boat ramp from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
• An ordinance that amends the regulations of mechanical equipment into one section of the town code.
• An ordinance that repeals a potable water element of the town’s Comprehensive Plan because the element was replaced with a new 10-year water supply plan.
• A resolution that addresses term limits as applied to partial terms for commissioners.
• A resolution that allows a contractor to restore damaged sea grass on the east side of Jewfish Key and to remove 744 cubic yards of sediment from an existing boat basin.
• A code enforcement lien for ManaSota Professional Title Company.
• A work session regarding traffic issues with St. Armands Circle scheduled for 10 a.m. Monday, May 17.
• The date of the 2 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 16 regular workshop to 2 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 23.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
3 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
21 Taste of the Keys & Fashion Show
8 Sarasota Music Half Marathon
7:00 am - 6:00 am
Joan M. Durante Park installs new playground
The playground is made from post-consumer recycled materials.
Pete Cumming: Bell-ringer in chief
Longboat Key Police Chief Pete Cumming took on a shift that didn’t involve police work Tuesday, serving as Salvation Army bell-ringer at Longboat Key Publix.
Turtle T-shirts: Always in season
Need a gift for the turtle-lover in your life?