Town Manager Dave Bullock outlined to the Longboat Key Town Commission in a Friday, April 26 email what staff is preparing for the commission’s Monday, May 6 regular meeting in regard to the Colony Beach & Tennis Resort.
• A resolution directing the town manager to provide notice and proceed with removal, clearing, eliminating, and disposing of junk located at 1620 Gulf of Mexico Drive.
• A resolution providing for a public hearing date to require outparcel owners to secure maintenance buildings, per town code requirements.
• A public hearing authorizing the town manager to complete requirements for enforcing a section of a resolution pertaining to maintaining vermin and pest control, securing all unsafe buildings and stairways, and restoring and maintaining landscaping and irrigation of the portions of its property that are visible to the public and neighbors in pre-shutdown condition.
• A discussion item related to police activity and options for providing security at the Colony.
• A discussion regarding the processes for condemnation of buildings and property.
• A discussion regarding establishing a definition for “Transient Lodging Purposes” in the town code to clarify the resort can only be used as a tourism use.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
20 Santa Jaws at Mote Aquarium
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
3 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
21 Taste of the Keys & Fashion Show
Pete Cumming: Bell-ringer in chief
Longboat Key Police Chief Pete Cumming took on a shift that didn’t involve police work Tuesday, serving as Salvation Army bell-ringer at Longboat Key Publix.
Turtle T-shirts: Always in season
Need a gift for the turtle-lover in your life?
PHOTO GALLERY: Seaplace holiday party
Seaplace residents celebrated the holidays on Dec. 10.