Town Manager Dave Bullock outlined to the Longboat Key Town Commission in a Friday, April 26 email what staff is preparing for the commission’s Monday, May 6 regular meeting in regard to the Colony Beach & Tennis Resort.
• A resolution directing the town manager to provide notice and proceed with removal, clearing, eliminating, and disposing of junk located at 1620 Gulf of Mexico Drive.
• A resolution providing for a public hearing date to require outparcel owners to secure maintenance buildings, per town code requirements.
• A public hearing authorizing the town manager to complete requirements for enforcing a section of a resolution pertaining to maintaining vermin and pest control, securing all unsafe buildings and stairways, and restoring and maintaining landscaping and irrigation of the portions of its property that are visible to the public and neighbors in pre-shutdown condition.
• A discussion item related to police activity and options for providing security at the Colony.
• A discussion regarding the processes for condemnation of buildings and property.
• A discussion regarding establishing a definition for “Transient Lodging Purposes” in the town code to clarify the resort can only be used as a tourism use.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
26 St. Armands Fine Art Festival
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
29 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
30 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
3 Food and Wine on Pine
11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Capt. Benjamin Grodi honored with military medal
U.S. Marine Corps Capt. Benjamin Grodi, son-in-law of Longboat Key residents Nelson and Laurin Goldner, was recently honored with the Meritorious Service Medal.
Campaign Against Summer Hunger
Here are the week’s donation totals for All Faiths Food Bank’s Campaign Against Summer Hunger.
A Cinderella story
A 10-week-old miniature pinscher puppy found a “happily ever after ending” at the Celebration of Pets April 12, at the Sarasota County Fairgrounds.