Town Manager Dave Bullock outlined to the Longboat Key Town Commission in a Friday, April 26 email what staff is preparing for the commission’s Monday, May 6 regular meeting in regard to the Colony Beach & Tennis Resort.
• A resolution directing the town manager to provide notice and proceed with removal, clearing, eliminating, and disposing of junk located at 1620 Gulf of Mexico Drive.
• A resolution providing for a public hearing date to require outparcel owners to secure maintenance buildings, per town code requirements.
• A public hearing authorizing the town manager to complete requirements for enforcing a section of a resolution pertaining to maintaining vermin and pest control, securing all unsafe buildings and stairways, and restoring and maintaining landscaping and irrigation of the portions of its property that are visible to the public and neighbors in pre-shutdown condition.
• A discussion item related to police activity and options for providing security at the Colony.
• A discussion regarding the processes for condemnation of buildings and property.
• A discussion regarding establishing a definition for “Transient Lodging Purposes” in the town code to clarify the resort can only be used as a tourism use.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
23 LBK Chamber of Commerce Networking Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
25 Manatee Audubon -- Bird walk at Leffis Key
8:00 am - 2:00 pm
15 Being your best self
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
29 Santa Jaws at Mote Aquarium
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Only 16 days left to vote for your favorite 'It's Read Everywhere' photo!
Voting is now live for the Observer's 'It’s Read Everywhere' photo contest.
A fitting tribute
A day after receiving an Ageless Creativity Award from the Ringling College/Longboat Key Center for the Arts in honor of their late father, Ed Brickman, daughter Carol Diamant and son Eli Brickman held a celebration of life service Saturday.
Alma mater honors Harold Ronson
Philadelphia University presented Longboat Key resident Harold Ronson with its “Leadership in Philanthropy” award Oct. 11, at its Homecoming Dinner Dance.