Town Manager Dave Bullock outlined to the Longboat Key Town Commission in a Friday, April 26 email what staff is preparing for the commission’s Monday, May 6 regular meeting in regard to the Colony Beach & Tennis Resort.
• A resolution directing the town manager to provide notice and proceed with removal, clearing, eliminating, and disposing of junk located at 1620 Gulf of Mexico Drive.
• A resolution providing for a public hearing date to require outparcel owners to secure maintenance buildings, per town code requirements.
• A public hearing authorizing the town manager to complete requirements for enforcing a section of a resolution pertaining to maintaining vermin and pest control, securing all unsafe buildings and stairways, and restoring and maintaining landscaping and irrigation of the portions of its property that are visible to the public and neighbors in pre-shutdown condition.
• A discussion item related to police activity and options for providing security at the Colony.
• A discussion regarding the processes for condemnation of buildings and property.
• A discussion regarding establishing a definition for “Transient Lodging Purposes” in the town code to clarify the resort can only be used as a tourism use.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
19 Longboat Key Fine Art Festival
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
19 Mote's Party on the Pass
22 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
23 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
A Cinderella story
A 10-week-old miniature pinscher puppy found a “happily ever after ending” at the Celebration of Pets April 12, at the Sarasota County Fairgrounds.
Pharmacy brings dose of medicine to Publix
The in-store pharmacy of Longboat Key Publix opened Monday, approximately 16 months after the completion of the new store at 525 Bay Isles Parkway, in the Shoppes of Bay Isles.
Golfer scores victory with less than a stroke
The Longboat Key Masters Golf Tournament, which took place March 28 through March 31, at the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Islandside and Harbourside golf courses came down to less than one stroke’s difference between first-place winner Kevin Preston and second-place winner Michael Russell, of Longboat Key.