Town Manager Dave Bullock outlined to the Longboat Key Town Commission in a Friday, April 26 email what staff is preparing for the commission’s Monday, May 6 regular meeting in regard to the Colony Beach & Tennis Resort.
• A resolution directing the town manager to provide notice and proceed with removal, clearing, eliminating, and disposing of junk located at 1620 Gulf of Mexico Drive.
• A resolution providing for a public hearing date to require outparcel owners to secure maintenance buildings, per town code requirements.
• A public hearing authorizing the town manager to complete requirements for enforcing a section of a resolution pertaining to maintaining vermin and pest control, securing all unsafe buildings and stairways, and restoring and maintaining landscaping and irrigation of the portions of its property that are visible to the public and neighbors in pre-shutdown condition.
• A discussion item related to police activity and options for providing security at the Colony.
• A discussion regarding the processes for condemnation of buildings and property.
• A discussion regarding establishing a definition for “Transient Lodging Purposes” in the town code to clarify the resort can only be used as a tourism use.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
16 Pillar of Hope Open House
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Goliath grouper lives up to name
Talk about a real big fish.
Mazel tov to Klauber and Mancini
The West Coast Florida Region of AJC (American Jewish Committee) will honor Michael Klauber and Phil Mancini, of Michael’s On East, with its Civic Achievement Award in November.
Bob Havel celebrates 90 years with family members
Bob Havel recently celebrated his 90th birthday on Longboat Key with 24 members of his family.