Former Longboat Key Mayor George Spoll, chairman of the Longboat Key Revitalization Task Force, has selected 14 Key residents to be a part of the committee. The goal is to bring back services and amenities the island has lost.
The initial meetings of the task force will focus on developing goals and objectives to encourage the creative re-establishment and revitalization of services, conveniences and opportunities for current and future residents of Longboat Key.
Spoll said he has decided to limit the group to 15 people and has been overwhelmed by the support of the community for the new task force.
Spoll said the task force includes some well-known residents, but that the list focuses on Key residents who have not been frequent visitors at Town Hall.
“We tried very hard to get people who had not been very pro-active in any particular area but were supportive of activities on the Key and live in different areas of the island,” Spoll said.
Other members of the task force include Vice Chairman Tom Freiwald, Ed Adams, Ross Alander, Tom Aposporos, Randy Clair, Larry Grossman, Lenny Landau, Dick Levin, Cheryl Loeffler, Winnie Nelon, John Sandford, Dale Strohl, Matt Walsh and Dick Weber.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com
Longboat Key Revitalization Task Force Members
• Chairman George Spoll, retired homebuilder and former Longboat Key mayor
• Vice Chairman Tom Freiwald, retired vice president of marketing for Daimler Chrysler
• Ed Adams, retired Cincinnati attorney
• Ross Alander, former vice president of Human Resources at Tampa General Hospital
• Tom Aposporos, Realtor and president of the Longboat Key, Lido Key, St. Armands Key Chamber of Commerce
• Randy Clair, retired corporate lawyer with The American Oil Company, or Amoco (which later became a part of British Petroleum)
• Larry Grossman, retired urban planner from Alexandria, Va.
• Lenny Landau, engineer and current consultant for General Electric
• Dick Levin, retired architect from Ohio, former Longboat Key Planning and Zoning Board member
• Cheryl Loeffler, Longboat Key Realtor and resident
• Winnie Nelon, retired international banker
• John Sandford, retired production facilities manager for Ford Motor Co.
• Dale Strohl, retired senior vice president for human resources and operations at Tiffany & Co.
• Matt Walsh, publisher and chief executive officer of The Observer Group
• Dick Weber, retired senior vice president for Honeywell, in Minneapolis
Currently 0 Responses
18 LBK Chamber Networking Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
20 National Drive Electric Week 2014 at Mote
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
25 Business After Hours Networking Event
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Aren't you barracuda?
Steven Herich, of Beach Fishing Adventures, recently caught a 30-pound, 52-inch barracuda.
Donation creates summer camp gift
A donation from St. Armands Key Lutheran Church’s senior ministry recently made it possible for 13 children to attend Dollar Dynasty’s educational summer camp.
Submit your weather photos!
If you capture a stunning sunset on your camera, submit it for our Weather Photo Contest.