The Longboat Key Town Commission, at the request of Town Manager Bruce St. Denis, will review two additional sand options and discuss the cost for the town’s 2011 beach project at its 7 p.m. Monday, April 5, regular meeting.
The commission also will consider making budget transfers of $146,773 to fund a permit to extend a town seawall north of North Shore Road and $130,000 to fund an additional sand search for a dual-layer beach that consists of two types of white sand.
Also at its meeting this evening at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission will consider:
• Commission appointments to committees named in the town code or as required by outside agencies.
• Appointments for a new tree code subcommittee that will consist of three Planning and Zoning Board members and two commissioners.
• The appointment of firefighter lieutenant Michael Murphy to a new two-year term on the firefighter retirement system board of trustees.
Forwarding to its Thursday, April 5, special meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that provides for a budget transfer in the amount of $96,500 for funding equipment and tools for the town’s Fire Rescue Department that was purchased through infrastructure surtax funds.
Forwarding to its Monday, May 3 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that establishes no parking near the Linley Street boat ramp from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
• An ordinance that amends the regulations of mechanical equipment into one section of the town code.
• An ordinance that amends a portion of the code enforcement code to bring it into consistency with state law.
• An ordinance that amends a town ordinance that created a conflict with an existing town ordinance addressing the anchoring and mooring of boats.
• A resolution that allows the Citizen Tax Oversight Committee to continue to conduct an annual review of the expenditures made by the town from Sarasota County sales tax proceeds.
• A resolution that adopts the current version of the Manatee County Local Mitigation Strategy Work Groups and allows the town to be eligible for post-disaster mitigation grant funds.
• A resolution for a budget transfer of about $100,000 to fund a pension study of the town’s three pension plans.
• A resolution that amends commission board appointment procedures to allow time for commissioners to meet applicants prior to considering appointments.
• A resolution that waives certain fees by Christ Church related to the construction of the new sanctuary being built at 6400 Gulf of Mexico Drive.
• Key resident Shannon Gault to the firefighter retirement system board of trustees seat vacated by Ron Vale.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
19 Longboat Key Fine Art Festival
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
19 Mote's Party on the Pass
22 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
23 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
A Cinderella story
A 10-week-old miniature pinscher puppy found a “happily ever after ending” at the Celebration of Pets April 12, at the Sarasota County Fairgrounds.
Pharmacy brings dose of medicine to Publix
The in-store pharmacy of Longboat Key Publix opened Monday, approximately 16 months after the completion of the new store at 525 Bay Isles Parkway, in the Shoppes of Bay Isles.
Golfer scores victory with less than a stroke
The Longboat Key Masters Golf Tournament, which took place March 28 through March 31, at the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Islandside and Harbourside golf courses came down to less than one stroke’s difference between first-place winner Kevin Preston and second-place winner Michael Russell, of Longboat Key.