The Longboat Key Town Commission, at the request of Town Manager Bruce St. Denis, will review and choose the color and texture of the sand for the town’s upcoming beach renourishment project. at its regular workshop at 2 p.m. today.
Also at its workshop this afternoon at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission will:
Consider forwarding to its Thursday, April 15 special meeting for first reading:
• An ordinance that repeals the water supply plan element of the town’s Comprehensive Plan.
Consider forwarding to its Thursday, April 15 special meeting for formal action:
• A resolution that approves a new water supply plan element for the town’s Comprehensive Plan.
Consider forwarding to its Monday, April 5 regular meeting for formal action:
• A resolution that allows the Citizen Tax Oversight Committee to continue to conduct an annual review of the expenditures made by the town from Sarasota County sales tax proceeds.
• A resolution that adopts the current version of the Manatee County Local Mitigation Strategy Work Groups and allows the town to be eligible for post disaster mitigation grant funds.
Consider forwarding to its Monday, April 5 regular meeting for first reading:
• An ordinance that provides for a budget transfer in the amount of $74,000 for funding equipment and tools for the town’s Fire Rescue Department.
Consider forwarding to its Monday, May 3 regular meeting for formal action:
• A resolution that allocates $74,000 of infrastructure surtax monies for the purchase of equipment and tools for the town’s Fire Rescue Department.
• A request by Christ Church to waive certain fees related to the construction of the new sanctuary being built at 6400 Gulf of Mexico Drive.
• A request by the town attorney to direct him to draft a charter amendment that clarifies what is meant by three consecutive terms.
• A request by the town manager to approve a budget transfer of an unknown amount to fund a pension study of the town’s three pension plans.
• Appointments of its members to committees named in the town’s code or as required by outside agencies.
• A request by its Planning and Zoning Board to create a joint subcommittee of three planning board members and two commissioner to explore the issues with the town’s tree code.
• The status of several items in the fiscal year 2010-11 preliminary budget and identify variances in actual revenues compared to the 2009-10 budget.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
19 Longboat Key Fine Art Festival
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
19 Mote's Party on the Pass
22 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
23 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
A Cinderella story
A 10-week-old miniature pinscher puppy found a “happily ever after ending” at the Celebration of Pets April 12, at the Sarasota County Fairgrounds.
Pharmacy brings dose of medicine to Publix
The in-store pharmacy of Longboat Key Publix opened Monday, approximately 16 months after the completion of the new store at 525 Bay Isles Parkway, in the Shoppes of Bay Isles.
Golfer scores victory with less than a stroke
The Longboat Key Masters Golf Tournament, which took place March 28 through March 31, at the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Islandside and Harbourside golf courses came down to less than one stroke’s difference between first-place winner Kevin Preston and second-place winner Michael Russell, of Longboat Key.