The Longboat Key Town Commission gave Town Manager Bruce St. Denis direction to file a lawsuit in either Manatee or Sarasota coutnies and ask a judge to validate its $16 million beach bond referendum.
The town of Longboat Key has no access to $16 million in funds Key voters approved for a beach project last week because of an advertising error committed by the Town Clerk’s Office.
St. Denis also informed the commission the town is unable to request a special act of the Legislature to get an opinion that would be entered into the record for a county judge to review.
Also at its regular workshop at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission:
Forwarded to a regular meeting for action:
• A resolution that provides a cost and fuel adjustment increase for the town’s Waste Management garbage service contract.
• Modifications presented by the Longboat Key Planning and Zoning Board, regarding a section of the town code that deals with walls, fences, hedges and berms.
• The possibility of removing some state “No Parking” signs in the Gulf of Mexico Drive right-of-way.
• A brief overview presentation of the Longboat Key Police Department, presented by Police Chief Al Hogle.
• A brief overview presentation of the Longboat Key Fire Rescue Department, present by Fire Chief Paul Dezzi.
• That former Mayor George Spoll should move forward with forming an economic revitalization committee that the town would not be involved with at this time.
• To delay establishing parameters for future beach projects until a peer review of the town’s beach engineer is approved.
• To move forward as quickly as possible on actions necessary to renovate and expand Bayfront Park.
• A suggestion by town staff that beer and wine could be offered for sale at the Longboat Key Public Tennis Center.
• The present status of the current year’s budget and preliminary information regarding the fiscal year 2011-12 budget.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 1 Response
- Declining the serving of beer and wine is a big mistake.
10 Sarasota Singles Society Salutes the Sunset!
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
12 Dog Days of Summer Adoption Event
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
17 L'Europe UnCorked!
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Mote-tagged shark swims toward Sarasota
A 14-foot, 2,300-pound great white shark is currently heading eastbound toward Sarasota.
Police get a wheel deal from anonymous citizen
An anonymous citizen recently contacted the town with an offer to buy the Longboat Key Police Department a new bicycle.
Surprise daytime turtle encounter
On his evening beach walk, Longboat Key resident Mike Haycock was in for a big surprise when he spotted a sea turtle coming out of the water Sunday.