The Longboat Key Town Commission will discuss how to validate its $16 beach bond referendum at its 1 p.m. regular meeting today.
The town of Longboat Key has no access to $16 million in funds that Key voters approved for a beach project last week because of an advertising error committed by the Town Clerk’s Office.
The commission must decide whether to hold another election or get the vote validated by a county judge.
Also at its regular workshop at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission will:
Consider forwarding to its April 4 regular meeting for formal action:
• A resolution that provides a cost and fuel adjustment increase for the town’s Waste Management garbage service contract.
• An update regarding the Planning, Zoning and Building Department’s proposed fee schedule.
• A brief overview presentation of the Longboat Key Police Department presented by Police Chief Al Hogle.
• A brief overview presentation of the Longboat Key Fire Rescue Department present by Fire Chief Paul Dezzi.
• The possibility of forming an economic revitalization committee for the town.
• Establishing parameters for a future island-wide beach project.
• The cost and scope of a peer review that will be performed of the town’s Comprehensive Beach Management Plan.
• The proposed development for Bayfront Park and the required actions necessary to renovate and expand the park.
• The possibility of offering beer and wine for sale at the Longboat Key Public Tennis Center.
• The present status of the current year’s budget and preliminary information regarding the fiscal year 2011-12 budget.
• Modifications presented by the Longboat Key Planning and Zoning Board, regarding a section of the town code that deals with walls, fences, hedges and berms.
• The possibility of removing some state “No Parking” signs in the Gulf of Mexico Drive right-of-way.
• Key residents and commissioners to committees named in the town code or as required by outside agencies.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 1 Response
- The issue regarding offering beer and wine for sale at the Longboat Key Public Tennis Center is a winner. This has been something I have been proposing to the staff for many years. I think it's a great way to socialize with fellow tennis players similar to the cafe at the Key Club and a great way to enhance revenues. The Tennis Center is a beautiful facility and goes begging for that extra something that would enhance camaraderie.
11 Longboat Key Veterans Day Parade
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
15 Arias In Flght
11:30 am - 2:30 pm
15 Being your best self
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
29 Santa Jaws at Mote Aquarium
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Only 9 days left to vote for your favorite 'It's Read Everywhere' photo!
Voting is now live for the Observer's 'It’s Read Everywhere' photo contest.
Happy birthday, Edith!
On Monday, long-time Sarasota resident Edith Barr Dunn blew out the candles for her 94th birthday.
Donte's Den names top dog
We’re sure the Walters family of Longboat Key thinks of its dog, Buck, as quite the golden boy.