The Longboat Key Town Commission is poised to approve an ordinance on second reading tonight that modifies the town’s 250-tourism unit allocation and allows the Longboat Key Beachfront Hilton renovation-and-expansion project to be reviewed by town staff.
Delray Beach-based Ocean Properties Ltd., owner of the Longboat Key Hilton Beachfront Resort, has been working with Hilton officials to delay a Hilton-mandated renovation of the existing property until the town approves a project that calls for a larger redevelopment of the 102-rooms at the existing hotel. The application also seeks 85 of the 250 tourism units that would be used for a new guest tower on the property.
The ordinance modifies the outline development process that distributes the pool of 250 tourism units that was Key voters approved in 2008. It also allows the Hilton application to move forward while the town works to find a planning consultant to perform a complete review and modification of the town’s current codes and Comprehensive Plan.
Also at its 7 p.m. regular meeting tonight at Town Hall, the commission will:
• An update on the Longboat Island Chapel’s Aging in Paradise program.
Review on first reading:
• An ordinance that amends parking restrictions in Longbeach Village.
Review on first reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that provides funds for a wage increase for non-union represented town employees.
Review on second reading and public hearing and consider approving:
• An ordinance that provides for an update to the Capital Improvements element of the town’s Comprehensive Plan.
• A resolution that provides for an annual increase in the town’s trash and recycling, changing the base rate for customers from $19.20 to $19.53 per month effective April 1.
Consider making an appointment:
• To the town’s Police Officers’ Retirement System Board of Trustees.
For more information on tonight’s meeting, pick up a copy of Thursday’s March 7 Longboat Observer.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
16 Pillar of Hope Open House
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Goliath grouper lives up to name
Talk about a real big fish.
Mazel tov to Klauber and Mancini
The West Coast Florida Region of AJC (American Jewish Committee) will honor Michael Klauber and Phil Mancini, of Michael’s On East, with its Civic Achievement Award in November.
Bob Havel celebrates 90 years with family members
Bob Havel recently celebrated his 90th birthday on Longboat Key with 24 members of his family.