The Longboat Key Town Commission tonight approved a request by the Longboat Key Club and Resort to allow the Planning and Zoning Board to review portions of the code that could eliminate some departures the club seeks for its Islandside renovation-and-expansion project.
The commission spent two hours debating whether the planning board should review the entire code and the town’s Comprehensive Plan instead of just looking at portions of the code that affects the Islandside project.
The motion made by Commissioner Jim Brown, however, will allow the planning board to review the code issues, with the understanding the board may find other issues with the code that need to be addressed.
Also at its meeting tonight, the commission:
Forwarded to its Monday, April 5, regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that amends a portion of the town’s code enforcement chapter to make it consistent with Florida law.
• An ordinance that amends a town ordinance that addresses the anchoring and mooring of boats to make it compliant with state statutes.
• A request by Cedars Tennis Club for an outline development plan amendment that will allow the club to retain members who have moved off the island.
• An ordinance that amends the employment policies of the firefighters’ retirement system for the town to remain eligible for the receipt of state premium tax monies.
• An ordinance that amends the employment policies of the general employees’ retirement system for the system to remain compliant with changes made by the Legislature.
• An ordinance that amends the employment policies of the police officers’ retirement system for the town to remain eligible for the receipt of state premium tax monies.
• An ordinance that approves a $30,000 budget transfer to pay for the placement of sand on the north end where severe erosion has occurred.
• An ordinance that will give the town manager authority to make adjustments to utility bills when customers appeal their bills.
• An ordinance that establishes a town policy for mandatory training in state Sunshine Law, public records and ethics for commissioners and town board and committee members.
• A resolution that will allow the town to reimburse the Longbeach Village Association $2,400 for peacock removal services.
• A resolution that provides a rate decrease for Key residents in regard to their trash removal services.
• A resolution that establishes a no-parking zone near the entrance of Town Hall.
• The appointment of Vice Mayor Robert Siekmann as the Town Commission liaison to the West Coast Inland Navigation District Board.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
16 Pillar of Hope Open House
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Goliath grouper lives up to name
Talk about a real big fish.
Mazel tov to Klauber and Mancini
The West Coast Florida Region of AJC (American Jewish Committee) will honor Michael Klauber and Phil Mancini, of Michael’s On East, with its Civic Achievement Award in November.
Bob Havel celebrates 90 years with family members
Bob Havel recently celebrated his 90th birthday on Longboat Key with 24 members of his family.