The Longboat Key Town Commission, at the request of Mayor Lee Rothenberg, will discuss potential changes to its Comprehensive Plan at its regular worksho at 2 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 18.
Also at the workshop, the commission will review a revised golf agreement and open space agreement at 2:30 p.m., which need to be modified as part of the Longboat Key Club and Resort’s Islandside renovation-and-expansion project.
The commission also will consider a request by Harry’s Continental Kitchens for additional outdoor dining seats at a 1:30 p.m. special meeting Thursday.
Also at its workshop this afternoon at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission will:
Consider forwarding to its Monday, March 1 regular meeting for formal action:
• A proposed resolution that provides for a rate decrease for Longboat Key citizens effective April 1 for trash pick-up costs.
• A proposed resolution that would reimburse Longbeach Village $2,400 to relocate peacocks.
• A proposed resolution that would establish a no parking area adjacent to the entrance and exit areas of Town Hall.
• Amendments to a state statute that create a conflict with an existing town ordinance addressing the anchoring and mooring of boats.
• A report given by the police chief regarding the potential use for a license plate recognition system on Longboat Key.
• A request by the town manager that a commissioner be appointed to serve as a liaison to the West Coast Inland Navigation District.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
8 Sarasota Music Half Marathon
7:00 am - 6:00 am
12 Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce Networking Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
14 New Exhibit "Oh Baby" Life Cycles of the Seas
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
17 Hospitabull Evening 'A Taste of Israel'
Gauls celebrate sweet 60
On Jan. 29, Jack and Joan Gaul will celebrate their 60th anniversary.
Dora Walters goes by the book for readers
You saw her byline countless times during her 26 years at the Longboat Observer, but now, retired Senior Editor Dora Walters’ byline appears on her new book, “Rewind…Playback: A Collection of Life’s ‘Little’ Memories.”
Encore opening celebration
Members of the Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce gathered for a ribbon-cutting event Jan. 20, at Amore by Andrea.