The Longboat Key Town Commission, at the request of Mayor Lee Rothenberg, will discuss potential changes to its Comprehensive Plan at its regular worksho at 2 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 18.
Also at the workshop, the commission will review a revised golf agreement and open space agreement at 2:30 p.m., which need to be modified as part of the Longboat Key Club and Resort’s Islandside renovation-and-expansion project.
The commission also will consider a request by Harry’s Continental Kitchens for additional outdoor dining seats at a 1:30 p.m. special meeting Thursday.
Also at its workshop this afternoon at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission will:
Consider forwarding to its Monday, March 1 regular meeting for formal action:
• A proposed resolution that provides for a rate decrease for Longboat Key citizens effective April 1 for trash pick-up costs.
• A proposed resolution that would reimburse Longbeach Village $2,400 to relocate peacocks.
• A proposed resolution that would establish a no parking area adjacent to the entrance and exit areas of Town Hall.
• Amendments to a state statute that create a conflict with an existing town ordinance addressing the anchoring and mooring of boats.
• A report given by the police chief regarding the potential use for a license plate recognition system on Longboat Key.
• A request by the town manager that a commissioner be appointed to serve as a liaison to the West Coast Inland Navigation District.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
1 Floridafitfest and 5K Treasure Run
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
8 World Oceans Day Family Festival
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Miller shares Longboat lore
David Miller gave the Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key a history lesson Thursday, May 16, when he shared his memories of early island life.
Kiwanians get club recognition
The Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key recently received "Distinguished Club" status from Kiwanis International for its efforts during the 2011-12 year.
Hat's off to Dee Pelton, volunteers
Dee Pelton held a luncheon that will be tough to top.