The Longboat Key Town Commission agreed to remove 32 of its 59 bicycle signs at its regular workshop Thursday after the Florida Department of Transportation said the move would not affect bicycle safety.
FDOT officials will come back to the Town Commission at a later date to issue its final report regarding non-bicycle signs and how many of them will be removed in total.
Also at its regular workshop and special meeting at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission:
• To a three-year renewal agreement with the town and FDOT regarding mowing and litter collection on Gulf of Mexico Drive.
• To look into ways to help offset the increasing costs of the Longboat Library Board. The library board suggested the town can include the library in its insurance policy, which will save the library money. Landscaping service that the town could perform was also suggested.
• To see a partnership with Sarasota Bay Watch regarding a proposal to “adopt” Sister Keys for organized clean-ups.
• To look into ways to educate the public on how to minimize
nuisance/animal control issues.
• To change the name of Triton Avenue to Triton Bend, which was requested by Collier-Walker Real Estate Holdings Ltd.
• To report and policy recommendations recommended by the town’s Organizational Review Subcommittee.
• The creation of an economic development committee for Longboat Key is necessary.
• Planning, Zoning and Building Director Monica Simpson to continue with a new fee schedule for the town’s Planning, Zoning and Building Department.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 1 Response
- An appropriate decision on the Bike signs, many of these don't contribute to safety.
25 Manatee Audubon -- Bird walk at Leffis Key
8:00 am - 2:00 pm
11 Longboat Key Veterans Day Parade
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
15 Arias In Flght
11:30 am - 2:30 pm
15 Being your best self
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Only 9 days left to vote for your favorite 'It's Read Everywhere' photo!
Voting is now live for the Observer's 'It’s Read Everywhere' photo contest.
Happy birthday, Edith!
On Monday, long-time Sarasota resident Edith Barr Dunn blew out the candles for her 94th birthday.
Donte's Den names top dog
We’re sure the Walters family of Longboat Key thinks of its dog, Buck, as quite the golden boy.