The Longboat Key Town Commission agreed to remove 32 of its 59 bicycle signs at its regular workshop Thursday after the Florida Department of Transportation said the move would not affect bicycle safety.
FDOT officials will come back to the Town Commission at a later date to issue its final report regarding non-bicycle signs and how many of them will be removed in total.
Also at its regular workshop and special meeting at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission:
• To a three-year renewal agreement with the town and FDOT regarding mowing and litter collection on Gulf of Mexico Drive.
• To look into ways to help offset the increasing costs of the Longboat Library Board. The library board suggested the town can include the library in its insurance policy, which will save the library money. Landscaping service that the town could perform was also suggested.
• To see a partnership with Sarasota Bay Watch regarding a proposal to “adopt” Sister Keys for organized clean-ups.
• To look into ways to educate the public on how to minimize
nuisance/animal control issues.
• To change the name of Triton Avenue to Triton Bend, which was requested by Collier-Walker Real Estate Holdings Ltd.
• To report and policy recommendations recommended by the town’s Organizational Review Subcommittee.
• The creation of an economic development committee for Longboat Key is necessary.
• Planning, Zoning and Building Director Monica Simpson to continue with a new fee schedule for the town’s Planning, Zoning and Building Department.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 1 Response
- An appropriate decision on the Bike signs, many of these don't contribute to safety.
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
16 Pillar of Hope Open House
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
17 Taste of St. Armands
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Goliath grouper lives up to name
Talk about a real big fish.
Mazel tov to Klauber and Mancini
The West Coast Florida Region of AJC (American Jewish Committee) will honor Michael Klauber and Phil Mancini, of Michael’s On East, with its Civic Achievement Award in November.
Bob Havel celebrates 90 years with family members
Bob Havel recently celebrated his 90th birthday on Longboat Key with 24 members of his family.