The Longboat Key Town Commission will decide what to do with road signs along Gulf of Mexico Drive at its regular workshop today.
Thirty-two of the 59 signs the Florida Department of Transportation has recommended for removal are bicycle signs and several bicyclists are upset with the recommendation.
Also at its regular workshop and special meeting at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission will:
• A three-year renewal agreement with the town and FDOT regarding mowing and litter collection on Gulf of Mexico Drive.
• A presentation from the Longboat Library Board, regarding suggestions and concerns for the library’s maintenance and general upkeep.
• A presentation from Sarasota Bay Watch, which is seeking a partnership with the town regarding a proposal to “adopt” Sister Keys for organized clean-ups.
• Methods used by local island municipalities to address nuisance/animal control issues.
• The possibility of creating an economic development committee for Longboat Key.
• A request by Collier-Walker Real Estate Holdings Ltd. to change the name of Triton Avenue to Triton Bend.
• A report and policy recommendations recommended by the town’s Organizational Review Subcommittee.
• A new fee schedule for the town’s Planning, Zoning and Building Department.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
3 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
19 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
21 Taste of the Keys & Fashion Show
8 Sarasota Music Half Marathon
7:00 am - 6:00 am
Program to honor Sally Shapiro
Longboat Key resident Sally Shapiro loved music, and a special musical program her husband, Sam, organized will honor her memory.
Key of Sea seeks new voices
Key of Sea Chorus, which sings at assisted-living and retirement homes in the Sarasota area, is inviting new members to join.
Learn more about LBK Foundation
Want to know more about the Longboat Key Foundation, which is embarking on a $1 million fundraising drive, as reported in the Dec. 18 issue of the Longboat Observer?