+ Key hosts medical health day Friday
Human Resources Manager Lisa Silvertooth helped schedule a Sarasota County Health in Motion Medical Mobile Unit session for Longboat Key Feb. 15, at Bayfront Park, 4052 Gulf of Mexico Drive.
The mobile unit will be available from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. for all residents and includes the following services at no charge:
• Blood pressure checks
• Diabetes-glucose screenings
• Body mass index testing
• HIV testing
• Assistance with locating ongoing medical care
• Tips for staying healthy
For information, visit sarasotahealth.org, contact Silvertooth at 316-1999, or call Sarasota County at 861-5000 or 685-3572.
+ Town seeks police pension board applicants
The town is seeking applications for appointments to its police pension board.
Applications must be received by 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 15, at the Town Clerk’s Office, 501 Bay Isles Road.
All applicants must be registered to vote in the town.
Applications are available on the town’s website, longboatkey.org.
The Feb. 7 issue of the Longboat Observer listed an incorrect past sale price for Unit 401 at The Grande at Longboat Key, 4561 Gulf of Mexico Drive, which sold in January for $1.75 million.
The unit last sold for $1.3 million in September 2000.
Meetings & Agendas
• Planning and Zoning Board Regular Meeting — 9 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19.
• Town Commission Regular Workshop — 1 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19.
• Police Officers’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20
• General Employees’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20.
• Firefighters’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27.
All meetings take place at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, unless otherwise noted.
Currently 0 Responses
Resident keeps eye on the pie
Inspired by her mother’s homemade banana cream pie, Bird Key resident Kim Manning had a sweet idea: key lime with a twist.
Show us your spirit this season
This week, our reporters will make our final decisions on our favorite displays of holiday cheer for our “Spirit of the Season” contest. This year’s competition isn’t limited to lights.
Paint the town red and green
This year, we won’t just be on the lookout for the most festive holiday lights on the Key. We’ll be on the prowl for anything that embodies the happiness of the holidays with our new “Spirit of the Season” contest.