+ Key hosts medical health day Friday
Human Resources Manager Lisa Silvertooth helped schedule a Sarasota County Health in Motion Medical Mobile Unit session for Longboat Key Feb. 15, at Bayfront Park, 4052 Gulf of Mexico Drive.
The mobile unit will be available from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. for all residents and includes the following services at no charge:
• Blood pressure checks
• Diabetes-glucose screenings
• Body mass index testing
• HIV testing
• Assistance with locating ongoing medical care
• Tips for staying healthy
For information, visit sarasotahealth.org, contact Silvertooth at 316-1999, or call Sarasota County at 861-5000 or 685-3572.
+ Town seeks police pension board applicants
The town is seeking applications for appointments to its police pension board.
Applications must be received by 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 15, at the Town Clerk’s Office, 501 Bay Isles Road.
All applicants must be registered to vote in the town.
Applications are available on the town’s website, longboatkey.org.
The Feb. 7 issue of the Longboat Observer listed an incorrect past sale price for Unit 401 at The Grande at Longboat Key, 4561 Gulf of Mexico Drive, which sold in January for $1.75 million.
The unit last sold for $1.3 million in September 2000.
Meetings & Agendas
• Planning and Zoning Board Regular Meeting — 9 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19.
• Town Commission Regular Workshop — 1 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19.
• Police Officers’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20
• General Employees’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20.
• Firefighters’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27.
All meetings take place at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, unless otherwise noted.
Currently 0 Responses
1 Floridafitfest and 5K Treasure Run
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
8 World Oceans Day Family Festival
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Miller shares Longboat lore
David Miller gave the Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key a history lesson Thursday, May 16, when he shared his memories of early island life.
Kiwanians get club recognition
The Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key recently received "Distinguished Club" status from Kiwanis International for its efforts during the 2011-12 year.
Hat's off to Dee Pelton, volunteers
Dee Pelton held a luncheon that will be tough to top.