Jeff Mayers took on the position of Longboat Key Club & Resort general manager in November. Here are five facts he shared about himself in preparation for strolling the runway at the Longboat Key Garden Club’s “Taste of the Keys” event last week:
1. Where do you honeymoon when you live in Key West? For Mayers and his wife, Elizabeth, who lived in Key West when they married 19 years ago, the answer was Scottsdale, Ariz.
2. Mayers is a Sigma Alpha Mu member who can recite the Greek alphabet.
3. His sports hero is Cal Ripkin Jr.
4. He says he can clean a house as well as, if not better than, a professional housekeeper and takes great pride in his domestic skills.
5. He used to sport an Afro.
Contact Robin Hartill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Durante dog, owner well after raccoon run-in
Last week, we reported on a scuffle between a black dog and a group of raccoons that occurred at dusk near Joan Durante Park.
Golfer scores her first hole in one
Liz Lang scored her first hole in one July 8, on the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Harbourside White Course, while celebrating her friend, Jane Hunter’s birthday.
Tiny trio tours safety facilities
Commissioner Lynn Larson’s three grandchildren, Zander, 9, Zora, 8, and Zoe Ramsey, 5, got a close-up look at what Longboat Key police and firefighters do to keep residents safe earlier this month, during a tour of the police and north fire stations.