Jeff Mayers took on the position of Longboat Key Club & Resort general manager in November. Here are five facts he shared about himself in preparation for strolling the runway at the Longboat Key Garden Club’s “Taste of the Keys” event last week:
1. Where do you honeymoon when you live in Key West? For Mayers and his wife, Elizabeth, who lived in Key West when they married 19 years ago, the answer was Scottsdale, Ariz.
2. Mayers is a Sigma Alpha Mu member who can recite the Greek alphabet.
3. His sports hero is Cal Ripkin Jr.
4. He says he can clean a house as well as, if not better than, a professional housekeeper and takes great pride in his domestic skills.
5. He used to sport an Afro.
Contact Robin Hartill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
1 Floridafitfest and 5K Treasure Run
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
8 World Oceans Day Family Festival
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Hat's off to Dee Pelton, volunteers
Dee Pelton held a luncheon that will be tough to top.
Youth sailors descend on City Island
Approximately 250 people hit the water Saturday, April 20 through Sunday, April 21, for Sailfest. The regatta, Sarasota Youth Sailing's biggest fundraiser of the year, included four classes of competition — Optimus, 420, Laser and Multi-hull — and a barbecue feast.
Book club sunsets for the season
The Sunset Beach Book Club, in its 10th year, ended this season with a luncheon and discussion of the book “Gone Girl,” by Gillian Flynn, April 18, at Lazy Lobster. Discussion moderator was Ricki Carroll. Together, the group read five books this season.