The Longboat Key Town Commission adopted its Vision Plan at its regular meeting tonight at Town Hall.
A subcommittee that met for months last year worked to revise and update the 21-page plan, which now will be reviewed semi-annually.
Also at its regular meeting at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission:
Forwarded to its March 7 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that provides for Internal Revenue Service compliance for the Firefighters’ Retirement System.
• An ordinance that funds a $42,000 funding shortfall for the Longboat Key trolley route.
• An ordinance that codifies ordinances adopted by the commission through Dec. 6, 2010.
• An ordinance that provides for pass-through wholesale water and wastewater rate increases from Manatee County.
• Town Manager Bruce St. Denis to commit $5,000 to the Economic Development Council of the Manatee County Chamber of Commerce, which will provide a seat for Longboat Key on its advisory board. The commission appointed Commissioner David Brenner to the seat.
• Key resident Tom Jones to the Citizen’s Oversight Committee for Public School Facility Planning that expires this month.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
16 Pillar of Hope Open House
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
17 Taste of St. Armands
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Goliath grouper lives up to name
Talk about a real big fish.
Mazel tov to Klauber and Mancini
The West Coast Florida Region of AJC (American Jewish Committee) will honor Michael Klauber and Phil Mancini, of Michael’s On East, with its Civic Achievement Award in November.
Bob Havel celebrates 90 years with family members
Bob Havel recently celebrated his 90th birthday on Longboat Key with 24 members of his family.