The Longboat Key Town Commission adopted its Vision Plan at its regular meeting tonight at Town Hall.
A subcommittee that met for months last year worked to revise and update the 21-page plan, which now will be reviewed semi-annually.
Also at its regular meeting at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission:
Forwarded to its March 7 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that provides for Internal Revenue Service compliance for the Firefighters’ Retirement System.
• An ordinance that funds a $42,000 funding shortfall for the Longboat Key trolley route.
• An ordinance that codifies ordinances adopted by the commission through Dec. 6, 2010.
• An ordinance that provides for pass-through wholesale water and wastewater rate increases from Manatee County.
• Town Manager Bruce St. Denis to commit $5,000 to the Economic Development Council of the Manatee County Chamber of Commerce, which will provide a seat for Longboat Key on its advisory board. The commission appointed Commissioner David Brenner to the seat.
• Key resident Tom Jones to the Citizen’s Oversight Committee for Public School Facility Planning that expires this month.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
3 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
19 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
21 Taste of the Keys & Fashion Show
8 Sarasota Music Half Marathon
7:00 am - 6:00 am
Program to honor Sally Shapiro
Longboat Key resident Sally Shapiro loved music, and a special musical program her husband, Sam, organized will honor her memory.
Key of Sea seeks new voices
Key of Sea Chorus, which sings at assisted-living and retirement homes in the Sarasota area, is inviting new members to join.
Learn more about LBK Foundation
Want to know more about the Longboat Key Foundation, which is embarking on a $1 million fundraising drive, as reported in the Dec. 18 issue of the Longboat Observer?