The Longboat Key Town Commission will decide whether to adopt its Vision Plan at its regular meeting tonight at Town Hall.
A subcommittee that met for months last year worked to revise and update the 21-page plan.
Also at its regular meeting at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission will:
Consider forwarding to its March 7 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that provides for Internal Revenue Service compliance for the Firefighters’ Retirement System.
• An ordinance that funds a $42,000 funding shortfall for the Longboat Key trolley route.
• An ordinance that codifies ordinances adopted by the commission through Dec. 6, 2010.
• An ordinance that provides for pass-through wholesale water and wastewater rate increases from Manatee County.
• Town Manager Bruce St. Denis to commit $5,000 to the Economic Development Council of the Manatee County Chamber of Commerce, which will provide a seat for Longboat Key on its advisory board. The commission will appoint a member to the seat if it agrees to create the seat.
Consider appointing or reappointing:
• A Key resident to the Citizen’s Oversight Committee for Public School Facility Planning that expires this month.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
23 LBK Chamber of Commerce Networking Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
25 Manatee Audubon -- Bird walk at Leffis Key
8:00 am - 2:00 pm
15 Arias In Flght
11:30 am - 2:30 pm
15 Being your best self
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Happy birthday, Edith!
On Monday, long-time Sarasota resident Edith Barr Dunn blew out the candles for her 94th birthday.
Donte's Den names top dog
We’re sure the Walters family of Longboat Key thinks of its dog, Buck, as quite the golden boy.
Only 16 days left to vote for your favorite 'It's Read Everywhere' photo!
Voting is now live for the Observer's 'It’s Read Everywhere' photo contest.