Longboat Key Fire Rescue Chief Paul Dezzi has completed a report outlining areas on the Key that have limited access for large vehicles, such as fire trucks.
Dezzi’s report includes photos of areas that either have roads that are too narrow or objects that would make access difficult when responding to a 911 call.
Areas of concern include condominiums that have trees that need to be trimmed and several streets off Gulf of Mexico Drive that need bushes and vegetation scaled back.
Longboat Key Fire Rescue plans on working with property managers and property owners to make roads more accessible.
Meetings & Agendas
• Longboat Key Town Commission Regular Meeting — 1 p.m. Monday, Feb. 4.
• Code Enforcement Board Regular Meeting — 10 a.m. Monday, Feb. 11.
• Planning and Zoning Board Regular Meeting — 9 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19.
• Police Officers’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20
• General Employees’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27.
All meetings take place at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, unless otherwise noted.
Currently 0 Responses
18 LBK Chamber Networking Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
20 National Drive Electric Week 2014 at Mote
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
25 Business After Hours Networking Event
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Aren't you barracuda?
Steven Herich, of Beach Fishing Adventures, recently caught a 30-pound, 52-inch barracuda.
Donation creates summer camp gift
A donation from St. Armands Key Lutheran Church’s senior ministry recently made it possible for 13 children to attend Dollar Dynasty’s educational summer camp.
Submit your weather photos!
If you capture a stunning sunset on your camera, submit it for our Weather Photo Contest.