Longboat Key Fire Rescue Chief Paul Dezzi has completed a report outlining areas on the Key that have limited access for large vehicles, such as fire trucks.
Dezzi’s report includes photos of areas that either have roads that are too narrow or objects that would make access difficult when responding to a 911 call.
Areas of concern include condominiums that have trees that need to be trimmed and several streets off Gulf of Mexico Drive that need bushes and vegetation scaled back.
Longboat Key Fire Rescue plans on working with property managers and property owners to make roads more accessible.
Meetings & Agendas
• Longboat Key Town Commission Regular Meeting — 1 p.m. Monday, Feb. 4.
• Code Enforcement Board Regular Meeting — 10 a.m. Monday, Feb. 11.
• Planning and Zoning Board Regular Meeting — 9 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19.
• Police Officers’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20
• General Employees’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27.
All meetings take place at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, unless otherwise noted.
Currently 0 Responses
20 Santa Jaws at Mote Aquarium
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
3 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
21 Taste of the Keys & Fashion Show
Joan M. Durante Park installs new playground
The playground is made from post-consumer recycled materials.
Pete Cumming: Bell-ringer in chief
Longboat Key Police Chief Pete Cumming took on a shift that didn’t involve police work Tuesday, serving as Salvation Army bell-ringer at Longboat Key Publix.
Turtle T-shirts: Always in season
Need a gift for the turtle-lover in your life?