Longboat Key Fire Rescue Chief Paul Dezzi has completed a report outlining areas on the Key that have limited access for large vehicles, such as fire trucks.
Dezzi’s report includes photos of areas that either have roads that are too narrow or objects that would make access difficult when responding to a 911 call.
Areas of concern include condominiums that have trees that need to be trimmed and several streets off Gulf of Mexico Drive that need bushes and vegetation scaled back.
Longboat Key Fire Rescue plans on working with property managers and property owners to make roads more accessible.
Meetings & Agendas
• Longboat Key Town Commission Regular Meeting — 1 p.m. Monday, Feb. 4.
• Code Enforcement Board Regular Meeting — 10 a.m. Monday, Feb. 11.
• Planning and Zoning Board Regular Meeting — 9 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19.
• Police Officers’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20
• General Employees’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27.
All meetings take place at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, unless otherwise noted.
Currently 0 Responses
11 Longboat Key Veterans Day Parade
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
15 Arias In Flght
11:30 am - 2:30 pm
15 Being your best self
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
29 Santa Jaws at Mote Aquarium
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Fall back an hour
Daylight Saving Time ends at 2 a.m. Nov. 2, so turn back those clocks before bedtime Saturday night.
Longboat Key keeps it clean
We’re still reeling from Longboat Key’s exclusion from Movoto’s “10 Sexiest Small Cities in America,” which named Sarasota and Bradenton the first and third sexiest small cities, respectively.
Joe Perry still rockin' in new book
Longboat Key’s most famous guitarist Joe Perry has a new book, “Rocks: My Life In and Out of Aerosmith.”