Longboat Key Fire Rescue Chief Paul Dezzi has completed a report outlining areas on the Key that have limited access for large vehicles, such as fire trucks.
Dezzi’s report includes photos of areas that either have roads that are too narrow or objects that would make access difficult when responding to a 911 call.
Areas of concern include condominiums that have trees that need to be trimmed and several streets off Gulf of Mexico Drive that need bushes and vegetation scaled back.
Longboat Key Fire Rescue plans on working with property managers and property owners to make roads more accessible.
Meetings & Agendas
• Longboat Key Town Commission Regular Meeting — 1 p.m. Monday, Feb. 4.
• Code Enforcement Board Regular Meeting — 10 a.m. Monday, Feb. 11.
• Planning and Zoning Board Regular Meeting — 9 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19.
• Police Officers’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20
• General Employees’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27.
All meetings take place at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, unless otherwise noted.
Currently 0 Responses
1 Floridafitfest and 5K Treasure Run
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
8 World Oceans Day Family Festival
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Miller shares Longboat lore
David Miller gave the Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key a history lesson Thursday, May 16, when he shared his memories of early island life.
Kiwanians get club recognition
The Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key recently received "Distinguished Club" status from Kiwanis International for its efforts during the 2011-12 year.
Hat's off to Dee Pelton, volunteers
Dee Pelton held a luncheon that will be tough to top.